Epilogue 1: Time Will Tell

Two weeks after my and Logan's first date, the details were as fresh as when we experienced them

Two weeks after my and Logan's first date, the details were as fresh as when we experienced them. My cheeks warmed, and my heart raced faster when I flashed Logan. He couldn't have reacted differently when he told me to wait. It felt like he doused me with a cold shower of rejection, but his whispered voice still gave me shivers.

"Let me look at you."

The weight of Logan's eyes warmed more than my cheeks. My skin tingled as if his hands roamed where his eyes looked, but I was more relaxed than exposed. I shuddered from the borderline desperate insistence that flooded his eyes with a darker shade of blue.

"You're beautiful. Not like this, all of you, Ellie. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I never want to take that for granted. I'll never do anything that you aren't ready for, and I'm always going to ask if certain things are okay."

My heart melted. Ellie goo status unlocked.

I cupped both hands around my warm cheeks. What was I staring at? Jake could have sat on my desk, and I wouldn't have noticed. Logan and I shared kisses, a lot of them, and each touch made me feel indescribable. His asking permission was so quiet but powerful. Until he turned my body into an infinite number of switches flipped on at once, only to do it again when we made out in his truck after their most recent win.

A small tremble ran between my shoulders and down my spine from his hands, large and rough, exploring my skin. Their imprint was reassuring and torturous. The warmth and softness of his lips rolled mine in. The river water's splashes faded under the elevated pants of his breath. I held mine in from his mouth's tugs and nips turning my internal organs into molten goo.

I think they're still like that.

His touch was deliriously addictive. The warmth from his hands and mouth spread through my body and woke up a network of sensitivity in me I didn't know existed.

More than attraction presented in how affected I made him. He looked at me with the shock I expected, then awe and wonder like I was the only person he saw, and he saw me. The real me, not broken me, and I felt beautiful and cherished. A weighted sense of responsibility hardened his gaze like he was going to tread carefully. He couldn't have faked that concern any more than I faked the explosion of reactions in me.

I wasn't broken Ellie, I was beautiful and unraveled him with one look. He wasn't surprised easily, but I liked teasing him.

Logan frazzled was a sight, with the sky behind his head, and the sunlight's shadows over his hooded expression. I trusted him more than my inhibitions. The guy had the restraint of a nun.

He should give Harper lessons.

"Back to work," I mumbled to the document open on my screen. Almost done. My Logan daydreaming had that effect. "Last paragraph. Not my best writing, but going to have to be good enough."