Tears

The ground crumbled beneath the blonde's feet when he attempted to turn, Shikamaru screaming his name as he rushed after his best friend, jumping off in time to engulf the male as they fell, the brunet taking the brunt of the fall as they hit rock after rock, holding Naruto tightly until they had finally hit solid ground, his arms slipping from around his friend, lifeless as they flopped onto the ground alongside him. "Shikamaru?" Naruto questioned, recovering from the shock as he sat up, safe and unscathed, not prepared for the horrific sight awaiting him as he looked at his best friend. Blood. Everywhere. "Shikamaru? Hey- Shikamaru- say something" he said, an underlying urgent tone lacing his words as he gently shook the brunet, waiting for a response. Nothing. "H-hey, this isn't funny, Shikamaru" he continued, a forced chuckle slipping past his lips as he tried his best to assume this was just a joke.

"Shikamaru, please- please tell me this is a joke" the blonde continued further, tears brimming his eyes as he assumed the worse about his non-responsive friend. Shikamaru couldn't leave him too- he can't- won't let that happen. Anyone but Shikamaru. "Kurama, let me borrow your chakra" Naruto said, not waiting for a response as he placed his hand on his best friend's stomach, infusing as much chakra as he could. He didn't know how to heal anything- never learned in his life. But, dangerous or not, he had to try. His tears started to stream down his cheeks before they fell, the young male infusing all of his chakra without result. He can't be dead. Not him. He was exhausted, he had been infusing such large amounts of chakra each second, that it was surprisingly starting to take a toll on him. He didn't care. He needed Shikamaru.

Dry coughs suddenly broke through the sounds of Naruto crying. "How troublesome" a voice said, those familiar words being all it took for Naruto to burst into a huge fit of tears, collapsing back onto his knees. Sitting up, Shikamaru cupped Naruto's cheeks with his slightly bloody hands, wiping away the tears as they continued to fall.

"I thought you were dead" the blonde cried out, his voice cracking a little as he lunged forward, knocking Shikamaru over with a great force when he hugged him tightly, receiving a chuckle in response as the brunet hugged him back.

"Come on, you really think I'd leave you like that? Don't be silly, Naruto- leaving you is the last thing I'd do" he said, leaning back from the hug slightly to cup Naruto's cheeks again, leaving a soft peck on his forehead "I'll never leave you" Shikamaru promised.

Despite the serious atmosphere, Naruto couldn't help the light blush that spread across his cheeks when his best friend said such things and gave him a little kiss- why was he so flustered by this? "You better not leave me, stupid- now get up, we need to get you healed, I probably just made you unstable with all the chakra I gave you" Naruto said, trying to detach himself to stand up. Key word- tried.

Pulling him back in, Shikamaru wrapped his arms around Naruto yet again "can we just- stay like this for a while?" the brunet asked, receiving a nod in return as Naruto hugged him back. "I'm glad you're not hurt" Shikamaru mumbled, tightening his hold on the other male as they sat there, holding each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! I'm back for real now and this is just a short chapter to help me get back into the swing of this, there will be longer ones soon, please wait for me as I get accustomed to it again!