🎵🥁~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛~🥁🎵

A/N: You should watch the DOAWK movies with the commentary on. There's some pretty good stuff.

Pov: Narrator

Rodrick woke up to his brother Manny smacking him in the face with his little rat-like baby hands. Rodrick squinted his eyes open to see his mother standing over him. He looked over to the window to see that it was sunset.

"Rodrick, Honey, Wake up, " His mother said trying to wrangle Manny off of him. "It's time for dinner, "

Rodrick sat up and groaned. He didn't remember falling asleep.

"Yeah, alright, be down in a minute, " He replied groggily. Susan tip-toed back downstairs holding Manny's hand. Rodrick slumped down for a second before eventually getting the motivation to stand up and go downstairs.

He wobbled down the stairs still half asleep. He looked at his family sitting at the well-dressed dining table and sat himself down.

"How was your beauty sleep?" Greg teased. Rodrick rolled his eyes.

"Shut up before I put you in an eternal beauty sleep, " He replied in an off-handed comment.

"Rodrick!" Susan gasped. She was stunned.

"I- Uh, Sorry mom, " He replied embarrassed. He was way more aggressive than he meant to be when he was tired. Greg smirked at Rodrick who only rolled his eyes in response.

"So, How was you boys weekend huh?" Frank asked. Greg and Rodrick froze. They looked at each other. Rodrick made a face that said 'Don't say a word'.

"It was cool, we mostly just hung out and played video games together, " Rodrick said awkwardly. He looked at Susan who looked disapproving of the idea that they played video games all weekend.

"We uh, also played the drums together, " Greg said trying to salvage the moment. Susan lit up. Rodrick glared at Greg for ignoring him but saw how happy his mom was and brushed it off.

"Really?" Susan asked looking at Rodrick.

"Uh, yeah, I...uh...thought Greg could use a...creative outlet, " He said trying to find words that would impress his mom.

"That's so great! " She swooned.  "Nothing makes me happier than to see my two boys being friends, "

Greg and Rodrick gave an awkward smile and then went straight back to eating. Silence fell over the room. Susan felt it more than anyone. While everyone was peacefully eating she was suffocating in the quiet.

"So, Rodrick, " She said breaking the agonizing silence. "I was thinking...maybe it would be nice if Y/N and her father came over for dinner on Friday!"

Rodrick dropped his fork in shock causing the clang of it hitting his plate to echo throughout the room.

"What?" He asked under his breath.

"Well you and Y/N have been friends for a while but your father and I have never met her family, " She explained. "I think it would be fun, don't you? "

"Yeah, sure, but why all of a sudden?" Rodrick asked nervously.

"Well, You know. Recently, I've noticed..." Susan smirked a little bit, "You two have been getting a little...closer, "

"Ew, what?! Mom! No! I don't- We aren't-, " Rodrick stammered. His face was bright red. Greg giggled to himself. Rodrick whipped his head around. "What's so funny?"

"You totally like her. We all know it, " Greg remarked.

"Oh, well in that case, Why don't I tell mom about that girl from the roller rink? Just so we're even, " Rodrick smirked. Greg's face went pale.