cheat // changlix (skz)

yes, this was previously posted as a stand alone oneshot. it was lonely.

As far as Chan knew, Changbin had never had a boyfriend for over a week. Two, tops. He was constantly hooking up with other students and ghosting them after to the point where the goodie-goodie kids regularly avoided him. Or maybe that was the drinking and smoking?

Changbin was the human embodiment of the bad boy stereotype. Cigarettes, beer, all black clothes, hallway (and alleyway) fights, and constant hook ups. Chan wouldn't be surprised if Changbin had fucked half of the school's population by now. He certainly hit on Jeongin, Chan's little brother, until he found out he was a year older than him. (Perhaps Chan had something to do with that.)

The point is, Changbin isn't someone Chan would let his brother hang out with. He was no good, once even tried to sell Seungmin, Jeongin's then-future boyfriend, cigarettes in the bathroom on the fourth floor.

Apart from Changbin, who reminded him of a certain someone from his past, Chan was a very nice guy. He drove his little brother and friends to and from school everyday and packed lunches for Jeongin and Seungmin. He made dinner every night and breakfast every morning. He got groceries every week, since his parents were too busy. He loved his parents, family, friends, and neighbors -well, tried to. Why did God have to make it so hard as to make Seo Changbin his neighbor?

OoOoOoOo

"Bokkie!" Changbin called on his boyfriend's first day at his new highschool, which also happened to be Changbin's high school. "I've missed you so much." He breathed once he caught up to Felix and gave him a large hug.

Felix smiled widely. He loved his boyfriend (who knew that very much) and was ecstatic that he was now going to the same highschool as him. He could spend more time with him (which was much more than before, seeing as how Felix lived in Australia when they met over Instagram).

"I love you, too. Can you show me to the secretary so I'm not late on my first day?" Changbin gave him a look and Felix shook his head. "No, my parents would find out. Besides, it'll be worse the longer I put it off."

"Fine," Changbin said, voice only betraying to Felix how much he wanted to skip classes with him. Changbin led Felix to the secretary's office, where Mrs. Kim gave him his schedule. "I wish you were in my grade." Changbin said softly.

"I do, too." Felix replied, looking into Changbin's eyes. "But we can hang out at lunch and after school. Can you show me to Room 102?"

OoOoOoOo

"Chan-hyung! Channie-hyung!" Jeongin called out to his brother as he made his way to him. "You will never believe what I found out at lunch." Chan made a noise of acknowledgement, nose stuck in a book, so Jeongin continued. "Seo. Changbin. Has. A. Boyfriend." At this news, his brothers eyes snapped up, before Chan sighed and looked back down.

"He has a 'boyfriend' every other week."

"No, this one's real! They're long term. Felix, the new kid in my class, remember, told me at lunch with Seungminnie and Hyunjin-hyung. Changbin-sunbae pulled him away before I could ask for how long though." Jeongin said quickly. Chan looked shocked.

"Maybe since he's got a boyfriend now, he'll calm down."

OoOoOoOo

Chan saw the couple before final period started. He passed them in the hallway, where they were holding hands and snappily looking into each other's eyes. He used to be that way with-

He walked past them and hoped they were closer than they had been.

OoOoOoOo

It was the Friday after Felix had started at Chan's highschool, and for some reason Chan let Minho drag him to a party. ("You have to," he had said, "you've never went to any real ones before and you'll be graduating soon.")