Chapter Fifteen ♡

My loves! I missed you tons!
Sorry for the delay again :-(
I hope you're all safe and well!
Please guys don't forget to vote and comment as they really cheer me up and encourage me to write more
Lastly, thank you so much  for your support it means so much to me
Enjoy!
____________

Chapter Fifteen

    "Are you sure you're not ripping her hair out?" Lucia asked, staring boringly at her nails

"Don't be silly," Peter said incredulously. "Of course she is."

"Oh shut up, you morons!" Yasmine waved them off, finishing off her golden braid and wrapping it up with a silky ribbon. "Don't you like it, Julie?"

"Oh I love it!" Juliette admired her work in the mirror. Yasmine left some loose strands to frame her face. "It looks so pretty!"

"The craft of my divine hands."

"Heyyy those are my words." Gregg scowled, leaning against the doorframe. "Looks like everyone's here." He said bowing to Mabel.

"And apparently," Lucia said, pointing to the pastry with shiny white frosting. "We were waiting for you to celebrate Juliette's birthday."

"With the cake I made?"

"You're the only chef we know." Juliette laughed nervously, and Gregg found his eyes trailing the long golden braid that rested now on her shoulder.

"Nice try," he grinned, joining them.

"Well it worked." Her fingers wrapped around the bracelet her aunt had given her. It had tiny azure and emerald beads, matching the turquoise necklace she always wore. She wondered if her aunt purposely picked the same gemstone her mama used to wear.

"So tell us, my lovely, how have you found your life in the castle so far?" Aunt Mabel initiated as Yasmine sliced the cake.

"I-I think I love it here." She confessed. Even though she missed her mama dearly, it was the first time she felt at ease. She had lived her entire life in the farm house, and she had never met anyone besides her mama, her aunt and the boy who used to bring them goods from the market.

She was always accustomed to tending the flowers in her garden, and taking care of the little sheep she and her mama raised, and feed the little ducks that crossed the pond near her farm.

She remembered chasing a small duck outside her farm once, and calling out to it cheerfully and almost getting lost in the forest hadn't it been for her mama.

You wretched girl! Her mama chastised, pulling her back from the back of her dress. You want to leave your own poor mama on her own? Don't you know what awaits you in the outside world?