Amorcito

Good morning amorcito. I know it's early but I just couldn't help but sit down and write. I woke up and the first thing I thought about were your eyes. I thought of how brown they are and how that's really common, but on you my love, they're more lovely than the brightest pair of blue or the warmest pair of amber. I thought of how your left eye twitches when you laugh really hard, the kind that makes you gasp for breath. I thought of how eyes are said to be windows to the soul and how obvious my love for you must be the second you look into them. Maybe you don't need to. Maybe my love is so great that you can see it pouring out of every inch of me. It feels like that sometimes. Just at the mention of your name, my bones sing and my heart races faster than any marathon runner. My stomach does impossible flips and, despite the nausea, I can't help but be excited. It sounds dramatic. I know. But it's true and if that makes me weird then I'm the biggest clown you ever met! Finally, I thought of the most wonderful thing. I thought of the day I'll look into your extraordinary, perfectly average brown eyes and see the love I feel for you returned. My amorcito, if you understand anything in this letter I want you to understand that it's this final thought that gives me the courage to live through another day. You are my inspiration, my motivation, for all things great and small. 

Yours. 

but it doesn't matter how many 

love letters 

i write or how much of my soul i bear ;

you don't even open them before they are 

shredded, thrown away 

and i'm still pathetic enough to piece them back together and save the words i've written