O.2 - The Doctor is In!

I don't like making characters get into a relationship in like the 3rd & 4th chapters so expect some real romance later on. Right now, I'm just focusing on getting interactions with the rest of the operatives!! There will be some romantic referencing & things like that but nothing extreme :))

                                       ————————♡ ————————

Shuffling to the infirmary, you knocked hastily on the door, your arms quite sore. The infirmary's door swung open, revealing Benevolent. He grinned when he saw you and lightly pulled you inside.

"Hello, Y/N! Is there anything I can do for you tonight?" He clasped his gloved hands together with a large smile. You looked back down at your arms, nodding.

 "I was uh— wondering if you had any ice for... these." You stuck out both of your arms, showing him the large bruises. His clicked his tongue, taking your hands in his while he studied your small injury. 

"Who did this to you?"  His eyebrows furrowed together, expression full of concern.

"Ah—... uh—" You trailed off; "I can't just tell him that Scary did this to me...!" Without much thought, you shrugged, "Oh, I just tripped and fell really bad onto my arms, nothing much." You lied, hoping it'd be convincing enough.

He looked at you quizzically, but shrugged it off and turned away from you, going to grab a few things. Your hands fell down to your side, waiting patiently. Benevolent walked back up to you and handed you a small bag of ice and some ointment. "That should do. Just rub that in your bruises and put ice over it, and you should be fine." He smiled. It was contagious— his smile— you grinned back up at him and waved goodbye, walking out of the infirmary.  

You headed back to the room- or rather, residence that was given to you, using the ice and the ointment to treat your bruises.   Overall, the residence was cozy with a small kitchen, living area, bathroom, and a bedroom which was quite spacious yet somewhat empty. "Maybe I can personalize this space during my three months here..." You wondered, looking all around the somewhat empty room. You wondered how the other operatives' residences looked, maybe they'd be a little bit more lively to match their personality? Maybe.    

Sighing, you flopped down onto the plush bedsheets, thinking. It brought you despair (not a reference not a reference not a ref-) knowing the fact you'll be away from your friends, family— and most importantly the children who adored your presence. Sure, your family wasn't necessarily the best but they still cared for you. I mean, it was just you and your mum and your brother, while your father worked overseas. Considering you had a lot of free time in your hands, since you didn't really go to school— it was all mainly homeschooling and Sunday school at your local church. The place you grew up in was rather small, just a simple village where everyone knew each other and got along well. It was like— a fairytale village, if you put it that way. 

You shut your eyes and soon enough, you fell into a deep sleep, snuggling up to the comfortable bedsheets. 

"Mmm." You pushed yourself up, rubbing your eyes. The suns rays shown through the window that was near your desk. Yawning, you stood up and stumbled tiredly outside of your bedroom and into the bathroom, taking advantage of all the essentials they left in your residence and changed into one of the outfits that had been left in closet. 

Change it if you want, I don't really care :)) I just wanted to give you an outfit that's cute to fit the wonderlandish theme

You stepped out of the residence, taking a breath of the fresh air that surrounded you. Your residence was right here the headquarters— where you headed to first. There was a small city that was located in 'Day Territory.' You assumed there was a similar city and residences in 'Night Territory' as well. However, most of the shops and markets were located in the central quarter and it wasn't necessarily the safest for you to go out by yourself. Walking through the city, you gazed up at the blue skies, there wasn't a cloud in sight. You hugged, looking up at the vast building in front of you. 

Hesitantly, you pushed open the headquarters front doors, where you were greeted by another stern operative. "Ah, good morning, Emotionless." You nodded curtly and curtsied, attempting to be formal. Emotionless stifled a laugh, "No need to be formal around me." He tried his best to keep a stern, emotionless face. You shyly giggled at his desperate attempt to keep up his stern demeanor. You waved your hand slightly mumbling; "I wanna be able to make friends with everyone. You don't have to keep up your emotionless personality around me." 

Emotionless stared at you, surprised at your statement. You shrugged and made your way down the hall and into what seemed like the main meeting room where you heard the bright laughter and chaos of the operatives inside. You pushed open the door.

There was a long table with various different chairs located in the center of the room. The room was surprisingly cozy with bright sunlight shining through the large windows, the place was decorated with gold and red embellishments. It was honestly very royal looking. A few of the operatives sat snug in their chairs, Benevolent, Macabre, Scary, and Sorrowful. Unstable and Radiant were chasing each other round the room and Dreadful sat in the middle of the table. Everyone had a smile on their face, some more— scary than others. Macabre and Scary looked...

Terrifying. While smiling. 

Your heels clicked against the floor, nearing towards a chair that looked like it belonged to you— it was a sparkly, (favorite color) cushioned chair. You studied the seat, seeing it had your name engraved on the back. How were they able to make something like this so quickly?  You thought. Shrugging the thought off, you sat down in the plush seat. Benevolent looked over at you and waved. You waved back, smiling. Benevolent seemed like a person you could trust. 

One more added to the 'trustworthy' list. You sighed, waiting for Great_Day to arrive to start the meeting which they had noticed you about the day before. 

This is gonna be a interesting few months.