O.6 - A New Task.

ty for 1k reads already!💞💞💕

---

Another day has passed, and the really nothing significant has been going on lately it was all so boring around headquarters. You would've thought that being thrown into a parallel wonderland mirrored to your own normal lives could've been more exciting but... truly, it wasn't.
In fact, it wasn't as magical and wonderlandish as you had hoped or rather it to be but your trip there was already filled with a sense of dread and paranoia. I mean, there was an entire army who had no good intentions of "capturing" you and use you for war. Not only that, but The Days Union wasn't as lively as people depicted it to be, but rather truly haunting and unnecessarily strict. It wasn't even about pride or things you'd expect from a union.
You grew distant with a lot of the operatives, despite their attempts to make conversation or lighten up the mood cause you knew it was all fake. Behind their cheerful personality, all they were doing was hiding the truth of the situation you and the rest of them were in.

You heard a knock coming from your bedroom door and opened it accordingly.

Macabre stood in your doorway, gazing at you and your figure. You cleared your throat in attempts of gaining his attention under his uncomfortable stare. Thankfully, it worked, and his eyes met yours.

"Did you need something?"
You hid your frame behind the door, just gazing blankly up at the grunge-dressed operative.

"Yeah, you're 'comin with me today. So get ready."
He rolled his eye(s) and stepped out of your view.

"Oh. . . okay?"

Like he had asked, you quickly got dressed into something much more comfortable and joined Macabre on a little stroll outside of headquarters, still unsure about what's really going on.

"What is this supposed to be about, Macabre?"

"'None 'ya business. Now shut up and follow me."

He led the both of you to the main quarter, where the streets were bustling with the many residents of Wonderland. Walking through the large crowds, it was harder and harder to keep up. Especially with his long legs and face pace, it only made things more difficult.

"Tch. You're so damn slow." Macabre huffed, sending a glare towards your way.
"Well, I'm sorry." You rolled your eyes and clicked your tongue, finally catching up with him.
"You're gonna end up 'gettin lost 'n Great won't like that. Here." He huffed, extending his hand out while motioning for you to grab ahold.

A light blush filled your cheeks. Stop being so childish, Y/N. He's only making sure that I don't get lost, nothing else.
Biting your lip, you took ahold of his hand which was suprisingly warm although somewhat calloused.

Eugh. Talk about moisturization. You mentally cringed, but felt a bit more safer with his hand in yours. Of course, it didn't mean anything but even still your mind was equivalent to a thirteen-year -old girls' talking with her crush.

How idiotic.

"So, um... What are we doing?" You asked, gazing up at him curiously. He only grunted & replied blankly that Great had ordered him to go out into town with you and make you feel more at ease while running a few errands.

Luckily, you and Macabre both got the errands done asap... And operation, make Y/N feel more at ease in Wonderland with Macabre, commence!