Chapter 35: They Don't Know About Us.

[They don't about the things we do,
they don't know about the 'I love you's]

      On the flight to Montreal, Niall sat while I laid on his lap. I felt really comfortable talking to Niall, it was like we had known each other forever. "Have you heard from your Gramma?" He asks. I shake my head looking up from my Nook. 

      "No, but I'm sure they're fine. I talked to my Tia the other day. She said they were okay." I say. In reality, I was really stressing out about it. Tia changed the subject every time I brought up Gramma, but she swore that they were okay.

      "I'm sure they're good." Niall smiles grabbing my hand. 

      I smile, "I am too." I lay my head on his lap and continued reading. I was reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird' for about the 100th time. As I read, Louis walked to us and stopped, second glanced, then raised his eyebrows. 

      "What is..." He moves his hands over us and continues, "Happening?" 

      Liam comes in, "Awe! They're cuddling!" I roll my eyes and look at them.

      "Louis, you better shut your mouth." I threaten waving my finger. 

      "Why? You two are so cute together!" He complains sitting on the opposite couch. 

       "'Cause I have plenty of Larry Stylinson to post." Zayn starts laughing as he comes in and moves my feet, sits, and places them on his lap. 

      "Just leave the happy couple alone, guys. They don't want us intruding." Zayn says pulling out his phone. 

      "I wouldn't say anything if I were you, I have Ziam Mayne too." I watch as both their eyes bulge out of their heads. 

      "Haha. Losers." Harry walks in and sits in an empty seat. 

      I wouldn't actually post anything, even if they weren't real. It's not my place to. And plus, I post enough embarrassing photos of them on a daily basis that there isn't any need to add to that. 

---

      "Where's Gramma?" I ask walking into the familiar house. No sign of her anywhere. Tia sighs, 

      "She isn't here." She says. 

      I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Why not? Did she not know I was coming?" I watch as Tia's eyes began to water. 

      "I shouldn't have yelled at her." She's beating herself up, but why?

      "W-What happened? Where is she?" I ask starting to panic. 

      "Sh-She..." Tia lets out a loud sob. No, no. She can't be. 

      "Tia." I say sternly as my eyes began to water. 

      "She's dead, Emily!" Tia cries. No. She can't be. "Cancer won. And I yelled at her right before." She's now sitting on the couch with her head in her hands. 

     Tears fell as I fell onto the floor covering my mouth to quiet down my sobs. "Why didn't I know?" I snapped. 

      "She made us promise not to tell you!" She cried. 

      She's gone. Gramma's gone and I didn't even get to say goodbye.

---

      "NO!" I bolted upright and clutched onto the blanket over me. Niall's eyes shot open at me along with the rest of the boys. I saw Harry turn on the lights of the jet and the rest of the boys attempting to figure out what was going on. Niall turned me and made me look at him. Through the blurry vision of my tears, I can see the worry spread across his face. "Emily, what's wrong?" He asks frantically. I shake my head and let the tears fall. 

      It happened again. A nightmare. Niall sighs and brings me into his embrace. "What's happening?" I hear Liam ask with panic. 

      "She's fine, get her some water." Niall instructs avoiding saying anything further. I grip onto his shirt as he rocks us back and forth. 

      I hear footsteps come in and out, "Baby, tell me what happened." I hear him whisper. I shake my head and let out a sob. 

      "I need to call my Gramma, where's my phone?" I ask with a sniffle. 

      "Em, you can't call her right now. We're on the plane." Niall reminds.

      "Niall, I have to talk to her. I have to know that she's okay." I say with panic. 

      "Of course she's okay. Why wouldn't she be?" Then it hit me, I never told the boys about Gramma. Shit, shit, shit. 

      "I-I... She was sick the last time I talked to her and I don't know if she got better." Niall and the rest don't look convinced. 

      "Emily..." 

      "Just trust me on this, okay?" I sniffle and hear the boys let out a sigh. 

      "You can call her when we get to the hotel." Harry assures rubbing my back. 

      I can't tell them about Gramma. Not yet. I haven't even told them about Jessie yet. I'm not ready to talk about either of those things.

      Not yet.

------

[They Don't Know About Us - One Direction]

------

A/N:

:( It made me sad to write. But even sadder stuff is coming up so, like, I shouldn't say anything.

I promise the sad stuff will end soon, just not yet. 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx