𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟕

QOTD: a plot/oneshot about joshua/ricky that you'd wanna see... 👀

• • •

Adeline's POV

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 the wall as if it was playing old memories from a projector until I heard my bedroom door creak open.

"Hey Deli" I heard Mom say from across the room. I looked up to see her holding a mug; I smiled softly and I quickly texted Blaire goodnight.

"I know it's getting late but I thought you would want a coffee just the way you like it," she offered and I smiled with so much gratitude. There are so many moments where we annoy the living shit out of each other but in the end - Jesus she was just another one of my favourite people.

"Thank you," I said before immediately taking a sip when she handed it over. I smiled again as she used one of my tips of adding condensed milk. She really knows that coffee can improve my mood no matter what.

"How are you doing, you haven't really left here for a few days apart from helping set up the ball" she almost whispered before sitting next to me on the bed.

"Yeah just uh - boy problems I guess" I drifted off. I didn't know how to explain our issue, because I knew if I started being my honest self, it would lead to how this whole thing wasn't real anyway.

"Do you wanna talk about it, I mean you guys looked so happy I haven't seen that in...I mean me and Gwen wanted to see you like after so long" she tried to comfort but I couldn't help but want to roll my eyes. None of this would've happened in the first place if I didn't always feel that pressure.

"Yeah Mom I know you wanted me to be with someone real bad, but it just...wasn't meant to be...again" I replied with a grain of salt in my tone. I could tell she seemed taken aback but she then just gestured for me to take another sip of coffee.

"Well, Aunty G said he's still agreeing to do our ball, it's giving us good press in our local blogs" Mom added and I forced a smile. God that was going to be painful to see hear his angelic voice on stage like that, he teased he would sing his known songs and also a new one no one's heard yet.

"Yeah, he'll be great." I murmured whilst nursing the drink.

"Okay we don't have to talk about him," she picked up the hint, "it's just gonna be crazy having two JB's there who messed with the wrong girl." she tried to encourage, and it brought out a near-genuine smile.

"I mean to be fair though, Josh didn't mess with me it just wasn't meant to happen whilst Jordan ugh, well yeah he....hold on. How do you know if Jordan, messed with me - I told you I broke up with him." I then asked slowly and she gave that classic 'Mother Knows Best' eyebrow raise.

"Sweetie you were way too upset to be the instigator are you kidding," she humoured and I let our a tight laugh, "also, he told me." I looked over to her with almost offended confusion.

"What the fuck?! When - oh...sorry" I then corrected. Her eyes went wide for a moment but I think she also knew swearing was probably was a valid reaction. I made sure no one knew what he did - it was embarrassing. When and why would he tell her now?

"It shocked me too, it was only when you were in Salt Lake, he came around and I was just making dinner when he rang the bell. I invited him to stay for dinner but he insisted he was just going to go skate at the park after, does it every night almost," she recounted and I nodded. It reminded me of when he was going out the night he saw Josh's face on my lock screen. When hell slowly started breaking loose.