Chapter 4

Thank you for 10 votes- I know it's nothing in comparison to what some writers have on their books but it's a start and I love it!

Here's to another chapter :-)
...

Where was she? Emery looked around at her surroundings, only to find herself in a completely unknown place. She was surrounded by thick, dark trees, the crisp autumn leaves blocking the light from the sky ahead. She couldn't understand how she had gotten here, she was in the bunker, like usual. But now she was here. Fear consumed her, she was in an unknown area with no way of getting home. Oh my god, she thought, what about the wolves? They could be anywhere. Emery's eyes scanned the trees, her ears open for any subtle sounds. Her whole body shook, both from the cold and from pure fear. She needed to get home, and fast. Suddenly, she heard the snapping of a twig, causing Emery to swirl on her feet to detect the source of the noise. Her body trembled in anticipation. Another twig snapped. Birds flew over head, settling in the tree branches far up in the sky line, away from the predator below. A growl resonated from the trees, the birds freezing in their place, a cold settling on the ground. A pair of electric yellow eyes appeared from behind the trees, Emery's heart rate accelerating with every movement the beast made. It's silver fur coat glistened in a mesmerising but frightening way, acting as the most majestic suit of armour Emery had ever seen. Recoiling, Emery stepped back in fear, her feet acting without her consent. The leaves crackled beneath her shoes, the beasts eyes never leaving hers. A grumble escaped its jaw, stopping Emery in her tracks, stilling the blood within her. It's jaw opened once more and, as if by magic, she heard a voice within her head. "I'm coming for you."

Emery shot up, every inch of her skin covered in sweat. Breathing heavily, she tried to replay the dream over in her head. Unable to catch her breath she reached for the water on her bedside table, gulping it down before checking the time. Four thirty she sighed, she still had a few hours before she needed to be up. Her chest ached and her head throbbed, the meaning of the dream escaping her. She was being taunted in her sleep, her nights being ruined by the recurrence of the beast in her subconscious. Her mind swirled, trying to process what she had just dreamt, but every time she came up blank. Groaning, she rolled over in her bed, trying to sleep away the thoughts swarming in her head.

...

Emery ran her fingers over the newly settled ink that now swept over her rib cage. Marty had come to remove her wrapping the next morning, the ink looking even better the next day to Emery if that was even possible. Now, seven days later she was still just as mesmerised with the tattoo, the excitement at finally having it permeated throughout Emery's body.

As Emery looked in the mirror that morning her mind wandered back to her nightmare from last night, her fingers tracing over the words on her skin. It seemed so real. She shivered, Emery pondering over what had triggered not only this dream but the others. Yet, this was the first time she had envisioned a wolf speaking to her. "I'm coming for you." Why was her own subconscious playing with her, scaring her? Sighing, she thought over the dream once more, before deciding, rather halfheartedly, than she needed to put it out of her mind.

Looking over her rib age once again she let her mind wander to the group that she called her family. She was a member of this group, and she was finally able to show her complete and utter dedication to them. They had saved her when she was abandoned, they have fed and clothed her, taught her everything that she now knows today. She didn't die outside the entrance to the bunker, nor was she sent to live with the humans who are now repressed beyond belief. They took her in, this complete unknown oddity, risking the entire group for this baby in a pink, embroidered blanket.

And now, here she was, inked with their motto, ready to get back to training so she can be ready for if she ever really needs to fight for her freedom one day.

...

"Ten more Em let's go!" Ash shouted across the room. The sweat dripped from Emery's forehead, trickling down her temple. She pulled her arms up, pulling her chin over the bar until, finally, her reps were done. Panting, she grabbed her water bottle, hoping the ice cool water would aide the burning in her chest. Ash was pushing her again, but it was not just her. All around her there were people gasping and groaning, all exhausted from their gruelling exercises. Ash was clearly taking his new role as head of training serious Emery thought. She now had 50 reps on the leg press machine to do, her muscles crying out to her to stop as she adjusted herself in the machine. She watched Ash for a second, nearly laughing as he stood over one girl with a look of what could only be described as exasperation.

In the gym were all those under 25, of whom Ash was now in charge of training. Emery had always been very dedicated to training, and did beyond what others her age did. However, with Dean's new rules training was now compulsory, and no one was getting away with it. The girl that Ash was staring at looked close to tears. Her name was Rosie, she was only 16 and Emery had not spoken to her all that often. From what Emery could tell, she was very shy and kept to herself, which is very hard to do when trapped in an underground bunker. Emery had never seen her train before, and she was clearly struggling. "I can't do it." She moaned, staring at Ash. Ash rolled his eyes in response. "Yes you can, now lets go!" Rosie was sat on the floor, and was meant to be doing sit ups, but two minutes had passed and she hadn't done any. She groaned before attempting one, her back barely leaving the ground before she fell back. Ash raised a hand to his head, pressing his fingers against his temples.
"Right everyone gather round!" Ash called and everyone gathered. "Right I understand some of you are struggling, but you have to push yourselves. Slacking will not be tolerated, yes it's tiring working out, but all of you need to remember why we are doing this. This is not a joke, everyone needs to take this seriously. Next session I want to see everyone giving it 100% alright?!" He told the whole group, the authority in his voice clear.
The whole group nodded before getting up, clearing out of the gym. As Emery was getting her stuff together, Ash made his way over to him.
"I'm not sure I can do this Em, I'm used to people like you, not them. One sit up and they're done? Are they joking" he leant his head on her shoulder, sighing deeply. Emery giggled, wrapping her arm around him. "You've just gotta remember why we're doing it though." He groaned again. "But can't I just go back to training you and you alone, there's so many of them." Emery couldn't help but laugh at him. "Right, how about this, give me a few of them to me to look after, some of the ones who are struggling, I can just get them started. I think you might have gone too hard." At this he looked at her.
"Too hard? Pfft, I was being gentle." Emery raised her eyebrows at him, smirking. He rolled his eyes before grinning. "Okay well I could have been worse."

...

Filler chapter but lots more to come, and I will be introducing some wolves very soon

What did Emery's dream mean? Was the wolf in the dream real?

Thanks for reading, please

VOTE

COMMENT

Xxx