8. Cafeteria

Third-Person POV

Third-Person POV

It was a new day and a cheerful morning full of surprises. A new day full of duties and responsibilities for Pihu.

Pihu was currently in her office. The office building is a modern, multistorey building. There are eight floors which are serviced by high-speed glass passenger lifts. It's been more than a week that she has resumed working as earlier she took leave for her marriage preparations.

The atmosphere in the office premises was a bit awkward when they got to know that her marriage was called off. Pihu's co-workers started bad-mouthing about her and as usual they all started spreading false rumours.

How funny isn't it? When everyone knows that it's the groom who ran away but still people blurt foul words about the girl. Maybe they are of a perception that's it always the bride who runs away. So disappointing. Isn't it?

It's been three days since she last met Prayan and honestly she wanted to meet him once again. Her mind and heart wanted to keep on admiring him, but she knew better that work is more important or else someone can complain against her.

To stay away from those inappropriate thoughts about him she kept herself busy in work.

"Pihu, I want you to meet someone. He is the CEO of S.K Constructions and his company is collaborating on a project with ours. I want you to meet him and assist him further. You are going to closely monitor this project and work with him. Am I clear." Her Senior ordered with an authoritative voice.

"Yes Sir." Pihu replied and asked him about that person's whereabouts. She got to know that he is sitting in the cafeteria of their office building.

----------------------------------------

Prayan's POV

Currently, I was sitting in the company cafeteria drinking hot coffee. My company is collaborating on a project with this company. Although we had a discussion about the project but there is one HR with whom I have to discuss some additional things. Albeit it's not me who always discusses projects with other companies rather it's my employees who do so but as I am still in Delhi, so I thought why not to do it myself.

It's been three days that I have seen Pihu

It's been three days that I have seen Pihu. I know how stupid of me. If I had taken her number then I would have known her fairly by now. But No! Oh, God! When, will I meet that angel again. Please help me meet her. It's been just a single meeting but I am head over heals for her. I know people will thinks it's a mere infatuation but I don't care. I just know that whatever it is I won't hurt or disrespect her.

I was looking at my coffee mindlessly when I heard a sweet voice behind me.

"Excuse Me"

I turned around to look at a beautiful woman standing in her formal attires. Her hairs were tied in a ponytail making her look cute. Her innocent doe eyes stared back at me as if she has seen a ghost.

"Hey there" I said. All confidence of mine going in the gutter.

"What are you doing here? Are you perhaps following me?" She said and sat on the opposite chair.

"Or perhaps you want me to follow you sweetie." I said confidently making her shy.

"Don't boost your ego so much Mr Prayan. What are you doing here?" Pihu continued.

"Why are you so oblivious My co partner. I am the one with whom you are going to work for next few months. You need to stop being so oblivious."
I said laughing a little to only see that she wasn't giving any reaction. Did I say something wrong.

"You are right I am so oblivious that I couldn't even recognize that my would to be husband doesn't even love me and was faking all the time. You are right I shouldn't be so oblivious that people take advantage of me. So stupid of me." Pihu mumbled.

Shit I didn't even think what I was saying, and now because of me she is hurt, but out of all these things the mere thought of Sahil and Pihu getting married drives me insane. But why?

"I am sorry Pihu. My intention was not to hurt you. You are not stupid and definitely you don't let anyone take your advantage. You know why? Because you are bold, feisty and opinionated." I said with honesty laced in my voice.

"Stop buttering me." She muttered while raising her eyebrows trying to look a bit cocky but damm she was looking so innocent.

"If you think so." I said while shrugging my shoulders.

"So?" Pihu asked.

"So let's start again. Not this project but us." I whispered making her breath hitched.

"Hey! I am Prayan Sharma, CEO of S.K Constructions and you Miss?" I continued.

Pihu giggled a little before playing along.

"Hey I am Pihu Srivastav, Hr manager here, and we are here to discuss about this project Mr Partner." She said.

"Okay Partner let's discuss it then." I said making us both giggle like small children.

---------------------------------------------

Hello My Lovely Readers🌺
How are you all doing?

Any thoughts on today's chapter?

Are you liking the flow of the story?