26. Epilogue

Pihu's POV

Pihu's POV

One Year Later

Life has been blissful, and I am really grateful to the Almighty for whatever he has given to me. Every day that passes my love for Prayan grows even stronger.

Currently I was waiting for Prayan to return from his business trip. He has been on a business trip for past one week and still has not return knowing the fact that tomorrow is our marriage anniversary.

"Pihu beta(child) what are you doing?" My mother in-law asked me coming inside the kitchen.

"Mummy Ji(Mother in-law) I am preparing for the dinner. Do you need anything, I will prepare it for you." I said while chopping the vegetables.

"Actually beta(Child) I want you to accompany me to the grocery store. I need some essentials and your company would be of a great help. We might as well go for some shopping. What say?" My mother in-law presented me a tempting offer.

"Okay Mummy Ji( Mother in-law) I'll accompany you. Just give me a moment, I'll quickly go and change and then we can proceed." I said and hurriedly wrapped up the kitchen work.

After a while me and my mother in-law both went for shopping. It was a bright sunny day and the weather was quite refreshing, however the only thing bothering me was absence of Prayan. I hope he returns soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was late in the evening when I and Mummy Ji(Mother in-law) reached home. Firstly we went for some grocery shopping and later on we went to a mall for purchasing some dresses. Despite declining my mother-in-law insisted me to buy some dresses for myself. Oh! How blessed I am to be a part of this loving and supporting family.

As we made our way inside our home, it was quite astonishing to see that all the lights were turned off. Where is Papa Ji(Father in-law)? Why are the lights turned off? I thought.

I sauntered towards the switch board but was bewildered when all the lights turned on automatically and in front of me was my husband standing with a delicious cake of buttery aroma in his hands.

From the corner of my eyes I could see my parents and my in-laws standing there with goofy smiles on there faces.

My eyes welled up when a sudden realisation struck me hard that my husband and my family have put in so much of efforts just to surprise me.

"Happy Anniversary Wifey." My husband whispered while pecking my forehead.

"Happy Anniversary Darling." I replied back looking at my adorable husband.

----------------------------------------------------

Prayan's POV

Me and Pihu were cuddled-up in our bed after a little celebration with our families. I came back from my business trip this morning however kept it as a suspense from Pihu. I wanted to surprise her on this special day so I also invited her family to make it more memorable.

"What are you thinking?" I asked Pihu who was playing with my fingers like a child.

"Nothing much, just thinking about our journey so far." She said and pressed herself more against my chest.

"I know right, who would have thought that we would meet in such unexpected ways but look at us now, madly in love with each other. You know waking up every day to see your adorable face and sleeping at night with you in my arms provides me enormous level of serenity. My only desire is to always keep you happy. I hope I am able to do so?" I asked her.

"Of course I am happy with you, who says otherwise. Rather I am more than elated Prayan. You are the source of my euphoria, never doubt it." Pihu replied while pecking my cheeks.

I sighed and pulled her close to me. We kept on giggling and chattering over small things. Our fingers were interwined and there was an enchanting smile on our faces.

This is what I have always wanted and desired. I am proud to have such a strong and an independent woman as my wife.

"I love you so much Pihu Sharma." I whispered near her earlobe. My arms were around her waist holding her firmly yet delicately.

She turned her face around, her eyes were shining as if they were holding galaxies in them.

"I love you too, even words can't justify my love for you. You gave this bride who was left at Mandap a reason to love herself, you made me believe in this four letter word-- Love. You are the sole reason for my existence." Pihu mumbled, and again for umpteenth time our lips molded together in an intense kiss.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys 🌺
How are you all?

•So I guess it will be the last time I am asking for your thoughts on today's Chapter? 🥺( I am really emotional right now.)

• How was this book? Did you like it or not? I would like each and every reader of this book to share their views regarding this book with me. It would mean a lot.❤️

•One last question of this book, who was your favourite character and why?

We always hear that some or the other girl ran away from her marriage but what if it's the bride who was left alone. I hope I could justify Pihu's journey.

At last I would like to say thank you to my lovely and patient readers who have constantly supported me throughout this journey. I hope I was able to portray the emotions of the characters and you could relate with them. It was really an astounding journey for me.

Thank You Guys for your Love on my book--"Left At The Mandap".❤️

❤️