49

Miles

Who am I kidding!? I am terrible with kids.  I don't even know anything about this kid and I am watching her.  I am running around my apartment, making sure that it's clean and that I have everything dangerous up on a high shelf.  But when I heard that knock on the door, I took a deep breath before opening it.

"Sorry that I'm late!  Work ran a little bit late." Carla rushed in.  She had a little girl that looked so much like her.  My worries seem to only get worst. 

"Your 1 hour late?" I asked.  She shot me a death glare and I looked away.  She dropped everything off and bent down to ground.

"Make sure you be good.  I will pick you up later tonight ok?" Carla smiled at the little girl and hugged her before kissing her on the cheek.  I couldn't help but smile.  "Her name is Mia, she can watch anything but make sure it's appropriate and I will be here around 11."

"It's 7 right now! A date does-"

"Maybe I will pick her up at 9.  It depends if we go all the way." She winks and I felt like I almost puked.  Carla hugged Mia one more time and walked out of the Apartment.

"So, my name is Miles.  I am your mothers co-worker..." I introduced myself.  Mia looks harmless.  She had black hair just like Carla's and her skin color was almost the same as hers too.  "Did you get dinner yet?"

"No, mom was in a rush, But I'm not hungry." Her voice was adorable, I smiled and looked around.  I need to get to food anyways. 

"Wanna go to the store?  I need to go grocery shopping anyways."  I asked Mia.  She shrugged her shoulders.  Okay than.

A/n

I think Mia is a good character

Question:
Would Miles be a good dad?