NINE: Meeting the Governor

(31st May, 2011)

I spent the rest of the night finishing the plan, I had gotten to six months of information on raising a baby. I let Beth flip through it as everyone ate their breakfast, I was feeding the baby whilst Noel helped Naomi with her food. "you've covered everything in here." Beth spoke up once she was coming to the end of the notes, "for the first six months anyways." I sat down next to Carl, "how are you feeling?" I whisper into his ear, "still trying to process it," he whispered in response, I nod understanding exactly how he feels, I give his hand shoulder a squeeze begging him to eat something, before preparing to burp the baby. "Can I do it?" Beth asks quickly, "yeah, of course." I guide Beth into the right hold on the baby, and she begins to tap her back and rub it. All we heard was a massive fart erupt from this tiny little thing, the room burst into laughter at the sound. I take a seat next to Noel, sitting Naomi on my lap as Oscar slides me over my breakfast, I nod a thanks at him.

I slowly began to eat, "everybody ok?" Rick questions, causing everyone to look up at him, "yeah, we are." Carl answered for the room, no one taking their eyes off Rick. "What about you?" Hershel questioned Rick, he just told us that he had cleared out the boiler block. Daryl asked him how many were there, Rick wasn't sure if it was 12 or 24. I pushed my breakfast away from me, as my stomach turned by the topic of conversation. "Everyone have a gun and a knife?" Rick questioned Daryl, he confirmed that we did but ammo was running low.

"Maggie and me were planning on making a run later this afternoon," "bring Nyx with you." Rick orders, Daryl goes to fight his decision, "she's going." Rick looked over at me, "her arm is fine, she can go." Daryl decided to move on with the conversation, "we cleared out the generator room, Axel is there tryna fix it. In case of an emergency, we'll sweep the lower levels as well." Rick nodded, heading back out of the room Hershel tried to stop him but failed. "Nyx, we're leaving in ten" Glenn told me, I nodded as I stretched and grabbed my gear.

"Why does Rick want you to go so bad?" Noel questioned me as he sat on the cell floor playing with Naomi, I shrug, "I don't know bud, I'll be home soon. I love you." "I love you too." I rested my forehead against Noel's and Naomi's. "Stay alive." Noel and I whisper, I gave them a kiss on the forehead each, before standing up and making my way out of the cell block. Daryl grabs my arm and holds me to stop me from leaving just yet, "don't cover your tracks, if something happens I'll come find you." I nodded looking back at Noel, "if something happens, keep them alive." I gesture to Noel and Naomi, Daryl nods and let's me go.

I rush over to my bike, throwing on the helmet that Daryl found for me yesterday, "you sure you don't want to ride with us?" Maggie questions, I nod before starting the bike and revving it up, before following the car out of the prison. I didn't know where we were going, so I stayed behind the car the whole drive.

"I'll take the roof, keep an eye out for any walkers." Glenn nodded as I climbed onto the roof of the car, jumped and grabbed onto the edge of the stores roof before swinging myself over. I rolled my shoulder back, "ok, I've got your backs." I called down to Glenn and Maggie, I heard Glenn break the chains and soon three birds flew out, I shot the three of them down. "Maggie, put our supper in the car." I called down to her, Maggie took my arrows out and threw them back up to me as she put the birds in the trunk. It was quiet almost too quiet, "Nyx, get down here and help." I grumbled at Glenn's orders since he knew how quiet it was, I drop to the ground and roll it off, "I'll check the storeroom side door." I told them as I went down the side of the building, and started to bag up the baby supplies I found.

"And where is it y'all good people are calling home?" A man's voice sounds, I look out the door to see me just walk in front of the store without seeing me. "Hey, back the hell up!" Maggie yelled I rushed into Glenn and Maggie's view, but the attacker didn't hear me. I spotted the gun tucked away in his pants, I made a charade to alert Glenn and Maggie. "Look I'll tell Daryl you're here, and he'll come out to met you." Daryl? what does dude want with Daryl? Something catches his eye, "which one of you is driving the bike?" he points it out, Glenn looks like he's seen a ghost. "That would be me, asshole." I spoke up, the man froze, "now slowly remove the gun from your waistband and leave my friends alone." The man slowly turned around to face me, once he took in my appearance he started to laugh.