Part 5

"Deal."

"Great let's begin, why are these children here?" He gestured to the kids.

Harry turned to the children who looked back at him with pleading eyes. But they didn't say anything. Harry looked back at Dumbledore. He decided that guessing was his best option. "To tell us who they are?"

"Oops, wrong answer. They did do that, but that's not why they came. Mr Weasley, choose who you want."

Ron grinned evilly. " I think we'll start with the ones no one cares about." He waved his wand and Padma Patil was lifted into the air next to Hermione.

"No! Mum, no!" Leo shouted, but being careful not to move.

"Shut up!" Ron shouted.

"Next question, why am I doing this?"

Harry looked at the floor, "I don't know."

"Wrong answer."

Goyle was lifted.

"Why is Mr Weasley helping me?"

"I don't know."

Pansy was next.

"Why did you point your wand at us?"

"Because it was the right thing to do, your the bad guys, we're the good guys, it's what we do."

"Wrong again, Mr Potter, it was very much the wrong thing."

Blaise was lifted.

"How did you come to conclusion we were the bad guys?"

"You tortured Hermione. Good guys don't do that."

"Oh really, how incredibly smart of you." Ron rolled his eyes but lowered Blaise back down.

"Why do you think you're good?"

"We fight people like you, the bad guys."

"May I underline the word fight. I thought good guys were against violence."

Luna was lifted. Harry could feel Theo clench his fist as he stared up at Luna.

"Why do you fight us?"

Harry didn't know what to say. He knew the truthful answer was, because that's what we have always been told to do, but he knew saying that would result in another one of his friends being lifted into the air.

"Because...because."

15 minutes later, every single person except Harry was dangling upside down.

"Last question, otherwise Mr Weasley will kindly take a step forward, who I..."

Dumbledore was interrupted by a loud bang from the other side of the hall. The doors slammed open and 3 people walked in. They were all around the age of 40. One had scruffy black hair and bright green eyes. Another had short, styled black hair and hazel eyes. The third was a female with long, dark brown hair, styled in a plait over her right shoulder. She had dark (nearly black) eyes.

The first two lifted their wands and pointed them at Dumbledore while the third pointed theirs at the hovering people. The first guy shouted, "Stupefy." And all four of them started to duel. The women muttered something under her breath and all the hostages floated to the ground. The four people were still dueling. The first man against Dumbledore and the second against Ron.

Once all the people were on the ground, they aimed their wands at their captors. Hermione, however, collapsed onto the floor.

Draco sent a well-aimed curse at Ron which trapped him in invisible bonds. One down. Every person, apart from Hermione, began dueling Dumbledore at the same time. Dumbledore was a great wizard, but even he couldn't fight 26 people at a time. He was blasted backwards by a spell from Orion and was bonded by a spell from Ginny. Two down.