Seventeen: Domesticity Part Two

Bakugou peeled his eyes open, confused and more than a little annoyed. The sun blared just right through a window into his face, which made no sense. The sun didn't rise in Bakugou's bedroom window, which meant he wasn't home. At first, Bakugou didn't remember that he'd spent the night at his girlfriend's, and was therefore apprehensive. Though this lasted but a millisecond before he remembered the warmth, now a lack thereof, that had fallen asleep beside him the night before.

     Rubbing his eyes and grumbling at the brightness, he glanced to his side, expecting to see Nadoka curled into his chest but finding no one. He sat up and scratched at his chin as he yawned, instinctively looking around for her. A piece of paper sat on her side table that Bakugou wasn't sure was there the night before, so he picked it up, finding a note on the other side.

     Morning, blasty!

     I'm downstairs making breakfast. I know you were probably joking about the whole making you breakfast thing, but a bet is a bet and I had to check on Papa anyway. I would have woken you, but you looked so peaceful and adorable I couldn't bring myself to. I keep spare toothbrushes in the drawer in my bathroom that you can use if you don't want morning breath, and I threw your uniform in the wash. Hope you slept well!

-N.

     Beside her name was a small heart, doodled in fine tip pen, and Bakugou found himself biting back a smile, breathing a chuckle through his nose. Fucking adorable ass nerd. He stood, cracking his back and yawning once again before entering the bathroom to do his business and brush his teeth, sure that Nadoka probably wouldn't want to receive morning breath kisses anymore than he wanted to give them.

     He padded downstairs silently, hands in his pockets, and found Nadoka exactly where she'd promised she'd be, the smell of grilled bacon and what was probably a bell pepper wafting into his nostrils. She was still wearing his sweatshirt, though now she also donned a pair of grey sweatpants, her hair in a bun as she worked over the hot stove, flipping pancakes and stirring scrambled eggs.

     Bakugou made his way forward and grunted to let her know he was there before sliding his arms about her waist and dipping his nose toward her neck, his unruly hair tickling her cheek as she smiled, craning her neck to press a kiss to his jaw. She appreciated how wordlessly clingy he was. "Morning, kitty."

     "Don't call me kitty," He grumbled without much conviction, kissing her neck, "what are you making?"

     "Just your usual breakfast stuff," Nadoka replied, holding a slice of bacon over her shoulder for Bakugou to bite into, "any plans for the day?"

     Bakugou shook his head and released her, but not before turning her head so he could press a long kiss to her lips that had her cheeks turning pink. He stepped away and slid into one of the bar stools, propping his head in his hand and watching Nadoka cook. After a moment he glanced around, realizing Haru wasn't in the room. "Where's your dad?"

     Nadoka flipped a pancake, the dough making a small slapping noise as it met the grill and began to sizzle. "He was still asleep when I woke up this morning, which usually doesn't happen, so I didn't wake him. He's probably awake now, though. I'll go get him."

     Bakugou hopped from his chair before Nadoka could finish putting her spatula down. "I'll get him."

     "That's okay, kitty," Nadoka attempted to protest, wiping her hands on a dish towel, "I've got to get him changed, put him in his wheelchair, brush his teeth and his hair, it's a whole process."

     "Shut the hell up, I'm getting him, you finish the food." Katsuki said as a finality, disappearing down the hall before Nadoka could protest. She watched him go, debating going after him, before deciding that she trusted him and returning her attention to the stove with a tiny smile.