The Reunion

Ferit and Can walked out of the airport's arrival hall, wearing their visors, as the blazing sunlight shone upon them.

They strode to the car, steps totally in sync with each other. The passers-by were not given a choice but to be compelled to give both the attractive men a second look of admiration.

When they reached the car, Can extended his right hand forward and said, "Pass me the car keys Ferit."

"No Abi. You must be exhausted from the long flight. Let me drive, you can relax," Ferit argued.

"Just give me the keys," Can said with finality in his tone, which left Ferit with no room for any arguments.

Knowing his elder brother's need to be in control of every situation, Ferit reluctantly passed him the car keys and walked towards the car's trunk.

Can stepped into the driving seat and ignited the engine, while he waited for Ferit to step into the car after placing the luggage in the trunk.

Once Ferit entered the car and they were both buckled up, Can directed the car towards the airport's exit and sped to the little one's apartment located at Atasehir, a suburban district of Istanbul.

Driving into the Atasehir locale, magnificent skyscrapers greeted both the brothers. The streets too seem brighter as the buildings reflected the morning light, lifting up everyone's spirits.

While admiring the views ahead of him, Can skilfully turned into the gantry of a three building apartment where his car was stopped for security checks.

Can smiled amusingly as he saw a heavyset man, with Charlie Chaplin moustache, ambled out of the security room.

Leaning his arm against the window, Can held his head with his forefinger as he observed the peculiar person walking towards the car, swinging his hand and shouting, "Vay! Vay! Vay!" as he acknowledged Ferit, who had already stepped out of the car.

"Selam Ferit bey! Welcome!" the peculiar character uttered loudly.

"Selam Haydar," Can heard Ferit reply as he stepped out onto the driveway. Closing the car door with a thud, he walked towards them and stopped just behind Haydar. Haydar, who happened to turn right at that moment, jumped on the spot when he saw a figure standing behind him.

"Ahhh!" Haydar screamed clutching his heart.

Can moved a step back as the loud scream reached his ears and he scrunched up his face, rubbing his ears to ease the discomfort.

"Haydar, meet my elder brother Can," Ferit introduced Can to Haydar.

"Abi, he is the apartment's new security personnel. He joined just a few months back," Ferit continued as Can moved forward to hug Haydar.

"Can bey!" Haydar had just managed to squeak out as Can's hug completely took Haydar off-guard.

"Merhaba Haydar," Can acknowledged as he let go of Haydar and gave a strong tap onto his shoulder.

Haydar stumbled forward when he felt the strong tap on his shoulder.

Quickly regaining his balance, Haydar replied, "You are very strong Can bey" while rubbing his shoulder and continued on, "Welcome. It is nice to meet you."

"Thank you Haydar," Can added as his gaze fell on the skyscraper towering above him as great monoliths of concrete and glass.

"Ferit bey, the night security informed me Ozgur bey came back home at four in the morning. Just to give you a heads up, he is not alone" Haydar rambled on, trying his best to engage Ferit in a conversation. However, he always failed miserably in his mission to create a good rapport with him.