Ch. 3- Let's Make a Deal

(Y/n)'s POV

"A deal?" I ask skeptically. I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.

Yes a deal

You deaf or something

"What exactly would this deal entail?" I ask.

You don't banish me and I let you wake up

It sounded like a good deal, but all deals made in Hell hold some form of trick. And breaking a deal can lead to various forms of conflict.

Conflict that I would like to avoid.

Conflict that could lead to weakness.

Overlords that are battling their own demons in their head rarely last long.

"I don't banish you, but you can never again turn against my interests." I counter.

I'm not to be paraded around on a leash

"Of course not, but I need to know that you will never go against me."

I only ever want what's best for my master

"Is this coma that you put me in considered best for me?" I question.

Of course

It protects you and your interests

The injuries that you and I sustain are only part of our mind

Plus if we were fighting in the real world it would put our "loved ones" at risk

It is in your best interest

Is it not?

I stare at my shadowy double, trying to find the lie in its words.

"You are sincere." I say shocked.

You are shocked?

"Well yes. You're a being build of shadows, lies, and power."

Just because I was built from that does not mean that is all I am

"Perhaps I have been wrong about you."

We sit in silence while we watch each other. Searching the other's face for any form of deceit.

Do we have a deal?

"I don't banish you."

I don't turn against your interests

"And return to your normal state of under my control."

My shadow is silent before it lifts it's hand to me.

Deal

I grasp its cold hand in my own.

"Deal."

Brilliant white light glows from our conjoined hands. The light grows and grows until it's all I see.

I no longer feel my shadows hand in my own.

I feel the heaviness returning to my limbs. Finally I'm free of this constant battle.

Third POV; at hotel- an hour earlier

Charlie stares at the demon before her for a second longer before a huge smile covers her face.

"Come in! Come in!" She opens the door wider and lets the demon into the lobby. "Are you here to be redeemed?" She asks.

I don't need to be redeemed. Gabriel thinks to himself. He just smiles, "Yes actually, I would love to stay here princess."

"Great! I'll get the papers!" Charlie smiles as she races off to her office. "Our first customer!" She excitedly whispers to herself.

Gabriel waits patiently in the lobby. He glances around at the various paintings hanging on the walls. He draws closer to the one of Charlie, Lucifer, and Lilith. His blood simmers with hatred when he looks at the fallen angle.

Before he dives to deep into his hatred Charlie returns with a stack of papers.

"First thing on the list, what is your name?" Charlie asks as she pulls out a pen.

"Mason. Call me Mason."

-Time Skip-

"Here's your room." Charlie hands the key to room 201 to Gabriel. "If you need anything just ask one of the staff. Enjoy your stay!" Charlie waves as she heads back down the hall to the elevator.

Gabriel watches her go. Once she's completely out of sight he turns to his room door and inserts the key.

The door lets out a small creaking noise as it opens, but that's about it. The room is clean, the bed looks decently comfortable, and the window has a nice few of the streets of Hell. Well a nice view for a demon maybe, Gabriel shudders as he looks out the window at the blood covered streets. He closes the curtains and turns away from the window.

"Now to find that mutt." he mutters to himself.

Gabriel's POV

I listen for any approaching footsteps before I step out into the hall. I close the door quietly and make my way to the elevator and down to the lobby.

All the staff rooms are on the first floor. So most likely her's is too. I just need to figure out which one.

Maybe the mutt has a file, said file would be in Charlie's office. I could go there and try and find it.

To the office I go.

I pass by room thirteen on my way there, but pause when I hear voices coming from inside.

"You're strong, you can beat it, just come back to us."

Bingo!

I sit and wait for whoever is in there to leave. When a few minutes pass and no one exits I decide to enter the room.

I can take on any puny demon that's in there.

The door glides open silently. My eyes first notice the figure on the bed. Her hair is sprawled out across her pillow. She looks like a statue.

My eyes then go to the spider demon also sitting on the bed. He, she, I honestly can't tell, looks at me with wide eyes.

"Who the hell are you? And what the fuck do ya think you're doing?"

Hearing his voice confirmed it's a guy.

I say nothing, instead I build up some heavenly white light and fire it at the demon, causing him to fall into a deep slumber.

"He should be out for a while." I mutter while moving to the side of the bed.

A heavenly dagger appears in my hand. The blade shines a bright white.

I position the blade above her heart. "And now, mutt, we end your pathetic life." I lift my hand above my head.

I take a deep breath...

Footsteps...

Coming this way!

Shit!

I stuff the dagger in my pocket right as the figure comes to the doorway.

His crimson gaze sweeps the room. When his eyes land on me they turn hostile.

I quickly turn towards the window, blasting it open and flying away.

So close.

I should have just plunged the dagger in her heart and ran.

Time for a new plan.

-•*•-
Date- 10-29-2020
Words- 1043

So I don't really like the second half of this chapter but oh well.

Hope you enjoyed!

Do forget to vote! It really helps.

Cya~