Ch. 12- Party

(Y/n) POV

It's been a few days since Jack and Harper have checked into the hotel and Charlie seems so happy. I've been indifferent, I've heard of Harper so I know to keep my valuables away from her. As for the Jack character, I've talked to him a little, something about him just seems familiar and I can't place why.

I scroll through my phone, it's boring trying to be good, I can see why so many feel they're unredeemable. I still don't understand why I don't remember my sister, yeah what Charlie said made sense but something still didn't sit right.

Deciding to ask some questions I summon my shadow. It appears next to me on the couch.

You called?

"Yeah I have a question."

Fire away

"Did I ever ask you to erase my memories of my past life?"

My shadow is silent for a moment before answering.

There were some things you had wished to forget

"Why?"

The pain was to much

You felt guilt

"Guilt?"

Always guilty

I take a deep breath, this was not what I was expecting. Nevertheless I still want to remember. "Can I get those memories back?"

Are you sure?

"Positive."

My shadow nods and suddenly (f/c) light starts to surround us. The light settles on my skin and sinks in, making my skin glow for a second.

I didn't feel any different and I certainly didn't remember anything new.

As if sensing my confusion my shadow speaks up.

They will return to you as dreams

Every night you will gain a little more until everything comes back

"Why can't I just remember everything at once?"

Remembering this much would put to much strain on your brain

Small steps to stay sane

"Makes sense." I nod.

Is that all?

"Yes thank you."

Of course

My shadow melts away and I'm once again alone but not for long. Charlie comes bouncing over to me.

"What's got you bouncing off the walls?" I ask.

"Well I was thinking that maybe to celebrate the new clients we could throw a party." Charlie says, a huge smile on her face.

I shrug my shoulders, "why not. Sounds like fun." I internally shutter at how nice I'm trying to be.

Charlie just smiles brightly, "Great! I'll get started on the decorations right away!" She runs off to a storage closet and pulls out a bunch of party decorations.

I shake my head fondly and stand up.

-time skip-

I stare at my closet, my mind absolutely blank.

What to wear?

I don't know why I'm making such a big deal about this but I have a feeling Charlie will be disappointed if I show up under dressed.

Love and LoyaltyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara