tres.

"Hey I'm going to meet up with Scott. He's at Allison's aunt's funeral... Do, you uh, wanna come. With me. To see Scott."

"I... uh, have to see my grandma."

"She's in the hospital, isn't she?"

"Yeah."

"Is she... okay?"

"She compares herself to a piece of paper that's been crumpled by life and then worn over time."

"That's poetical."

"She likes to think she's Yoda."

Violeta noted his reaction to the Star Wars reference. A ghost of a smile can on her face but she kept it away, knowing this decision would change a lot of things. She could go and then show interest in these people's lives. That she cared for their wellbeing and looked out for them and thus associate herself to them as a friend. Or she could stay in the safe confines of being a recluse.

"Well, uh, if you change your mind..." Stiles said. "Or not. I know family is important."

"Yeah. It is." A beat. "Best luck finding Lydia and tell Allison not to listen to the haters."

Then she walked off and didn't give Stiles the chance to say anything after her.

-

When she arrived at the hospital room, Derek Hale was there.

"Abuela." She greeted upon seeing her grandma in the usual bed, a werewolf sitting in the chair Violeta usually occupied. Hale stood up upon her entry and looked at her grandma.

"Her? This is your protegida?" Derek asked, the disbelief clear. Violeta squared her shoulders and pulled her hoodie back, hoping to reveal her face and show the tense glare she had for him in regards to his words. The Hale family were a well-known family in the supernatural community, comparable to being the werewolf equivalent of the Mikaelsons. However, being a Rodriguez, the Spanish blood... that was another story. They were the overarching superiors, the ones who kept the balance and thus, had the power to rule over all. But they weren't like that. They were about peace and love and everything else abuela Maria was.

And everything Violeta wasn't.

"You ask for help. Help you want not mine to give. Power moves, responsibility moves." Abuela said with a warm smile that the werewolf was not having.

"She's a child." Derek seethed.

"A child who knows more than you do." Violeta finally spoke up. "Last I checked, you're an alpha without a pack and is alone fumbling in the dark."

"I have a pack." Derek retorted.

"So you turned Isaac, then."

This caused the werewolf to do a double take. Violeta allowed herself the satisfaction of smirking, fuelling the fact that she had just one upped this werewolf. She didn't know much about Derek; only seeing him and his interactions in the supernatural going ons in Beacon Hills. She knew he killed Peter and thus, was now the alpha.

"How did you know about that?"

"It was a hunch. Stiles Stilinski comes asking me about Isaac and it was the first inclination that he was about to pulled into your soberdenatural business. It was only a matter of guessing how. Being turned by an alpha looking for a pack seemed most likely."

"Really? And why is that?"

"Strength in numbers. You need a pack but you can't go turning random reckless individuals. So you go to the lost souls, telling them you'll provide a path, a purpose." Violeta crossed her arms. "You call me a little girl but you forget that I have this running in my blood."