veintseis.

Derek Hale sighed as Violeta's aunt who had introduced herself as Tomei changed the radio station.

When she first arrived at the train depot, he had surprised her by saying that he already knew who she was, that she was a former FBI who had left the force when she got the call that her step-sister was killed and left with an eleven year old girl called Violeta in her care.

What did she respond with?

"Okay you're either a stalker or I'm not aware that we're Facebook friends."

Derek had rolled his eyes, saying they knew each other from school. Or, he knew her. Tomei was the cool Italian chick who rode a motorbike to school and wore leather jackets and all the guys fawned over her. Derek was the dork who sat with his sister or alone at lunch because he was a werewolf and didn't know how to make friends with normal people.

"Oh." Was all she had then said. "Well forgive me, I've repressed high school."

Now, she was still here. Derek at first scoffed at the idea of protection. Sure, she was trained by the FBI - but even they didn't deal with the supernatural. Tomei was Violeta's aunt, yes, but that was a far as it went. 

But then Peter made some ill-advised sarcastic comment and Derek saw her swiftly take him down in three seconds, resulting in Peter on the ground in severe pain and clutching the wind pipes she had somehow crushed. Tomei had shrugged, saying he talked too much anyway.

And so, she was still here. 

Even as Derek decided to go visit Scott at the school to fill him in on what happened with Peter, she still decided to come and visit. When they arrived at the scene, she walked in with Derek to find two teenage boys holding clothes. Stiles' clothes.

"Why are you holding Stiles' clothes like that?"

Scott looked up at who had spoken and recognised the Italian woman that had sat with his mum and Stiles' dad at the game. "You're Tomei." He said, "Vi's aunt."

"You're Scott. Melissa's son." The werewolf frowned and she gave him a look. "Sorry, I thought we were saying names and then relations to certain people. Like he's Isaac Lahey... someone's kid."

"Both my mum and dad are dead." The werewolf deadpanned.

Tomei blew a raspberry and rolled on the back of her heels. "I'm gonna stop talking now because it got awkward and I don't know what to say." A beat. "Even though you still haven't answered my question."

"He's missing." Scott said.

Tomei threw her head back in laughter. Everyone was surprised at the reaction and Scott became slightly defensive. Why would she laugh at that? He knew that Stiles had spent a lot of time with this lady after Vi's grandma had died and he thought she was would at least care. Or at least show some worry.

"Scottie, sweetie, Stiles' is Violeta's soulmate." Scott and Isaac's eyes both widened at that. "Yeah, I know. So if you know how powerful she is, you'll know that literally nothing would get to him."

"He was still taken." Scott said.

"By a very stupid person who will really regret the decision making process that went behind kidnapping Stiles Stilinski." She said. "Like, if I'm being completely honest, I would say the safest person in all of Beacon Hills is, you know, Stiles."

"If you're not here to help with Stiles then what are you doing here?" Scott asked, now looking at Derek.

"We need to talk." The alpha stated after a short moment.