Chapter 12: How about me?

After the investigation, everything was clear with both parties. Jimin, Jungkook, Jin, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Namjoon cleared their names but they paid for the damages that they caused because of what happened. Mr. Chang will face the charges yet he was still in a coma so he might escape it. And their companies were allowed to be open again after being restricted.

It was good news, but not for Jimin, he tried to stop Taehyung from his work and stay in their home instead but Taehyung insisted and said that there was nothing to worry about, he will just go to work and will try to avoid Jungkook to lessen Jimin's jealousy over his boss but that's not Jimin's problem.

"Hyung, I told you, Jungkook wasn't that kind of person, besides, he's not flirting with me. I'm telling you again, I am not his type." Taehyung giggled while fixing his necktie.

"I just...don't trust him, Taehyung." Jimin sighed who was behind him.

Taehyung turned around to face him and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck.

"Do you trust me, hyung?" Taehyung asked while staring at him.

"Of course, I do." Jimin quickly responded.

"Then, stop worrying, okay? If he ever flirts with me, there's no way I will flirt back. You are the only person in my heart, so please, remove those thoughts in your head, hm?" Taehyung assured him and pecked his lips.

Jimin nodded his head anyway and pushed his hair to the back.

"We should get going now, hyung, we'll get late." Taehyung uttered and carried his office bag.

-----

Taehyung arrived at Jungkook's company, he greeted his co-workers before he went to his desk. He saw a bunch of files on top of his desk and sighed. He took them after putting his office bag on his swivel chair and knocking on Jungkook's office door.

He heard Jungkook responds 'come in' and he got inside seeing his stressed boss signing each file on his desk as well.

"Sir, there are few files left." Taehyung told him.

"Just put them on my desk, Mr. Kim." Jungkook replied without looking at him.

Taehyung did what his boss told him and set down those files.

"Mr. Kim, can I ask you something?" Jungkook suddenly asked

Taehyung looked at him and didn't expect to feel butterflies in his stomach when he met Jungkook's eyes.

"What is it, sir?" Taehyung responded trying to ignore those butterflies in his stomach.

"Do you trust your boyfriend?"

That was a personal question for Taehyung, and that was unexpected to hear from his boss.

"That was out of nowhere but yes, I do, I trust him." Taehyung replied without a hint of hesitation in his tone.

"Really? Even though he lied to you? Do you still trust him?" Jungkook muttered.

"I don't think you have the right to interfere with my relationship, sir." Taehyung simply retorted not liking the topic between them.

"I don't want to, but how about me, Taehyung?" Jungkook uttered frustratedly.

"How about you? You're not connected with me or my boyfriend. Yes, you are my boss but I don't see any reason for you to ruin my relationship, sir." Taehyung said with sternness plastered in his tone.

"Did you really forget about me? How can you do that after making promises to me when were kids, huh?!" Jungkook grumbled.

"I don't understand what you were trying to say but it was Jimin the one I made promises to, not you." Taehyung was confused.

"He lied! it's me, Taehyung! The kid with you when we got kidnapped! I'm the one you made a promise with that you'll marry me. It's me." Jungkook stated, standing up from his seat.

Taehyung was frozen, no way, Jungkook was lying, right? He must be lying, there's no way it was Jungkook. It was Jimin.....

"I remembered what you promised to me, Taehyung. I believed them because I love you, I--"

"Stop! Stop lying will you?! Hyung was right, you were being obvious. I should have trusted him! You were trying to flirt with me. How can you do that knowing I'm in a relationship? Are you insane?" Taehyung growled.

"Am I insane now for trusting you? Is that wrong to love you even though I should be in his position? I should be the person that you love, Taehyung, not him. I'm like this because I believed in you, I waited for you after that incident. Am I wrong for waiting for you hoping that you will love me back?"

Tears were falling from Jungkook's eyes while saying those sentences.

"So what? Do you think I will love you back just because you are that kid with me?" Taehyung chuckled bitterly.

"Isn't that what you mean when you promised me that you will marry me? That's the reason why you love Jimin because you thought he was the kid with you, right?" Jungkook looks so vulnerable.

"I don't think you understand, I love him because of him. Besides, promises are meant to be broken. And please forget what I promised to you back then, those words aren't for you." Taehyung said turning around to leave.

"I guess it's my stupidity thinking that you'll be mine when we grew up. I'm sorry for wasting your time, Mr. Kim. You made me realize that waiting for you is wrong. I shouldn't try to love you at all knowing that I have no chance, I'm sorry." Jungkook mumbled and Taehyung left.

Taehyung was in the company's restroom, crying. He felt betrayed after knowing that Jimin lied to him all the time. He trusted him, but how Jimin did do that to him?

He was sitting in the cubicle with tears keep falling from his eyes. His throat was hurting trying to lower his voice from crying out loud. He can't believe what he just found out. It was impossible for him to believe what Jungkook just told him.

Does the person he loves truly lied to him? But why?