chapter 2. the king is what????

3rd person

Willow stared silently at Edward for what couldn't have been more than 10 seconds. Out of the blue she started to snicker.

"I think I'm losing my hearing at the ripe age of 19, because I swear I heard you announce that the king is dead." She said continuing to giggle. The giggle slowed to a stop when she realized Edward and Sally weren't laughing either.

"That's- that's great news! I have been eager to hear those words for years."

Edward sighed to himself. "I know love, but the best part is the ceremony- Prince Sebastian is holding a ceremony for the highest people in the country to give respect to his late father. It says he will allow those people to stay in the castle for 3 days as a typical ceremony goes on. This may give you the best opportunity to find your future husband!"

Willow faked a small smile and sarcastically answered, "Yes of course a husband." She knew that a husband was the least of her worries. With her father's mysterious passing she knew those untrustworthy pompous nobles had something to do with it.

"Well go on when is it?" Willow questioned.

"It's- it's tomorrow!?" Sally squeaked out after grabbing the paper from Edward. She knew the royalties love doing things early, but she didn't expect it to be this early.

"I guess I better find a gown, to gain the attention of a 'potential suitor' of course." Willow stated while standing up and motioning Sally and Edward out her room.

After they left her room she started to think to herself. "What is the best plan to take down the nobles."

a couple hours later-

After resting for a while Willow heard a soft knock on her door.

"Enter."

Her mother's lady in waiting entered the room. "Last Willow, your mother has requested you to her room."

"Thank you Gabrielle." Willow said standing to her feet. Changing into a more suitable gown and slippers she walked to her parents- but now her mothers room.

She knocked on the door then entered to her mother lying on the bed tucked in to her thick sheets.

"Mother." Willow said giving a tiny curtsy. She sat on the chair beside her mom and held her hand.

With her broken voice her mother spoke. "H-hello my darling. You haven't visited when you arrived."

Biting back her tears, Willow put on her brave face for her mother's sake. Her mom has been sick since her fathers death, she doesn't know what caused her dad to pass and her mother to become ill, but her mom has been affected with it since his death a year ago.

"Oh mother, I didn't want to exhaust you with conversation when you should be resting." Willow replied.

"Darling, conversation is all I can do. I can't go on walks in the garden. I- I can't bake. I can't visit the town. You and our ser- servants are the only company I have. B-but speaking of our servants, I heard something about the King did you hear about that?" Her mother asked.

"Yes ma'am, the King has passed." Willow said gloomily.

With a soft gasp her mother was in shock. "I can't believe that, I feel so sorry for his son."

Willow didn't understand how her mother could see the royals as something positive knowing what they did to her, but she never fought her on it knowing her mother's heartens to weak for that. "Yes mother he must be going through a lot. There is going to be a ceremony tomorrow with the higher ups of the Kingdom."

Her mother started to slowly raise herself up. "Then I must prepare for the outfit I shall wear."

"Heavens no mother, have you forgotten of your condition. Leaving the house might be enough to put you closer to death. I will go and bring condolences to the prince." Willow said pushing her mother back into the bed, while her condition was one of the reasons she didn't want her mom to go, it also had something to do with the fact that she would be looking for clues about her dad.

"I will be leaving then mother." Rising to her feet Willow gave a soft kiss to her mother's forehead giving her a small look then leaving the room.

Willow called Edward to fetch her a carriage for a trip she was going to take to one of her friends. A friend who happened to be an amazing dress designer.

🦋✨
a/n
hey people. thanks for reading this chapter of Honey Love, let me know what you thinking about it. Till next time