The Iron Curtain

I find myself staring into the dark of night. I can only make out visages of everyone here.

Once again I find myself in a strange uniform, one that almost resembles that of the Sirens...

"Am I a Siren in here?"

"Yes, you allied yourself with them. The entire Azur Lane is against you."

"Is this the last one?"

"It is. It's also the universe that holds answers."

Both sides are ready to fight, only one side will come out victorious, I assume.

"Now!" I hear Bismarck shout as a giant group of dive bombers screeches over my head and drops it's payload, and I just barely manage to get out of the way of the explosions while Avrora sticks close to me. Siren bombers do their best to try and take out the various sea forces but the absurd amount of anti air capability that the four nations amassed has created a giant cloud of AA fire that no foolish pilot would even fly near. Things were looking bleak, until the Empress brought out her own riggings. Her rigging was monstrous, resembling that of a gulper eel, and all along it's body were various cannons that began firing upon the combined forces.

"I only bring this out on certain occasions! You should be proud!" Empress shouts at various shipgirls as she focuses fire on them, shooting lasers everywhere and slowly but surely cutting down the giant number of ships the combined forces were bringing out. It wasn't long before every lesser siren was heading out into the sea to pitch in to help drive back the combined forces and civilians brought out makeshift weapons to try and fire upon the enemy from afar.

"Looks like only our torpedo bombers have even a chance at damaging these guys! Everyone else is getting vaporized by the AA fire!" Beta shouts. "Someone has to take out the anti air ships if we're even going to stand a chance!"

"I'm on it! Purifier, Avrora! Let's go!" I shout as the three of us dive deep into the battlefield to try and locate the ships that were supporting the cloud of shells above us. Among the masses was a group of light cruisers that were firing their AA guns like madmen, and leading the charge was a girl with red ponytails and blue eyes, and she looked like she was actually enjoying the fight with a big open smile on her face. It'll be hard to erase that image from my mind as I fire upon her to get her attention, and she just manages to dodge.

"Whoa! You're firing on me?!" The red haired cruiser laughs. "Well I, San Diego, cannot allow you to do that!" She laugh some more as her sister ships decide to redirect their anti air guns, turning them away from the skies and onto us! Avrora and Purifier get pelted nonstop by anti air shells while my rigging just manages to block every single one, saving me from turning into swiss cheese, and we disperse as we focus fire on those light cruisers.

"This girl's gone mad!" I shout.

"I'm not mad! I'm happy!" San Diego laughs as she fires her main guns. Unfortunately she's so distracted that she doesn't realize I'm charging at her, and one good right hook sends her spinning, causing her to land on her back before she sits up. I turn back to see that she's lost her trademark smile and now she's looking at me with a surprisingly fearsome scowl. "You just HAD to go and ruin the fun did you?! Now you're going to get it! Atlanta! San Juan! Focus fire!"

"BLYAT!" I scream as I just manage to dodge a barrage of shells, and as I look to my allies, they're not doing so well. Fortunately for us the combined forces are starting to run out of ships to throw at us and it's only a matter of time before only the shipgirls will be left standing as more siren ships are portaled in to aid in the war. "Looks like reinforcements have arrived!" That's when I turn to Empress as she faces off with a pair of Eagle Union heavy cruisers. "That doesn't look good!" I shout as I realize one of the heavy cruisers, the tanned one, is sitting on top of a nuclear bomb!

"You certainly are tough!" Empress shouts as she blocks most of the shots that the heavy cruisers fire with her rigging.

"Portland, focus your fire! Shooting her rigging won't do anything!" The tanned cruiser shouts as her more pale skinned sister starts firing at Empress herself.

"Right on Indy-chan!" Portland shouts, but even then Empress is moving her rigging to block the shots that are coming towards her face. With the combined forces running out ships the battle was starting to lean in our favor as San Diego and company started taking too much damage to support AA fire, and with that Portland looks to her sister. "Indy-chan! We have no choice! You have to throw it!"

"Big sis! Are you insane?!" Portland's sister asks in disbelief.

"What other choice do we have?!" Portland replies. "We have to get everyone back so we can throw it!"

"I don't think so!" I shout as I charge over, intent on stopping the Eagle Union from releasing that nuke. Unsurprisingly Portland spots me and she knocks me off my shark before forcing me into the water, trying to drown me. That's when a blinding light engulfs my vision and everything blacks out.

When everything comes back to, I find myself in that abyss again, but this time... I feel something else...