Katie Pierson

I walked through the halls of Goode, making sure no one caught sight of me. That was easy. Everyday, all I do is slip in between everyone with my hoodie down and my hair covering the sides of my face so no one can see. I keep my head lowered to the floor and never make any noise. I'm small, so normally they never see me and if they did, I'd be going home with at least seven concussions. One concussion per period and a trip to the nurse's office in my eighth period. I silently opened my locker and placed some books inside, closing it and locking it before walking off to sit in the back row in the classroom.

"Now," Mr. Blofis began, "I'd like all of you people sitting in the front to move to the back and all the back people sit in the front. People in the second row exchange with the third row and the third row change with the second row."

Shoot.

I walked forward and silently slipped into my seat, keeping my head low. I saw other kids moving to the back and they were laughing. A lot. Another boy who looked emo and goth-like was sitting next to some kid that should probably be named Sunshine or something because he looked like he had been born in the sun. They were sitting together in the front row. Then, some redhead with green eyes and a bunch of paint splattered all over her white shirt. I just tried to keep quiet.

"You," Mr. Blofis pointed at me, "I want you to come up and do the problem."

I started shaking a bit as I walked up and he grinned.

"Take off your hood. No one's gonna judge you. Promise."

I silently took off my hood to reveal my silky brown hair and tried to keep my green gaze away from anyone's face. I could still see everyone whispering as they looked at me. I did the problem, sat down, and looked at the board the whole lesson, trying to be inconspicuous. It didn't work. When class was over and we were heading off to Period 2, Percy Jackson, a jock here at school came up with his girlfriend, Annabeth Chase. I knew them only by fame. They were practically legends around this school. A girl with a punk vibe and electric blue eyes came up. Dangerous was the message I got. Another girl came up and I received another message.

Run away before you die was what I thought of when I saw a girl walk up with a Hispanic boy. She looked like she could kill anyone just by touching them she was that scary. Percy grinned.

"Hey," he said, "What's your name?"

I looked down and the floor and twirled my hair, "Katie."

He grinned again.

"Katie, huh? Hey! KATIE! YOU'VE GOT A TWIN!"

Another girl came up and I almost barfed. She had the exact same green eyes as mine! I just stared for a while before she smiled.

"Hi, I'm Katie."

I just blinked before she continued.

"I'm assuming that's also your name."

I nodded quietly and she just smiled even more.

"Nico! You've got a twin!"

The emo guy came up and he gave me a warm look despite the pale skin he had. He kinda looked like he had been freezing in the Arctic Ocean.

"Hi, I'm Nico Di Angelo."

"I'm Katie Pierson."

"Guys! We've gotta go!"

I thought they meant Period 2. Well, the snatched my hand and basically dragged me into a van labeled Delphi's Strawberries. Yeah, that was really weird.

"Hey!" I yelled, "Where are you taking me?!"

That's seriously the first time I've ever yelled. They closed the door and drove me somewhere and before I knew it, I was on the floor, gasping.

"What the f**k, guys?! We're supposed to be at school!"

"You're a demigod. Long story."

"Wait, what? Demigods aren't real," I protested.

"They do. Now, let's go, shall we?"

We walked and I saw kids growing plants with their hands outside of a cabin covered in green plants.

"Those are the Demeter kids. They're mostly sneaking bowls of cereal into everyone's breakfasts and make plants grow everywhere in your cabin if you throw plastic into the trash can instead of the recycling bin."

I just stared before he ushered me along.

"Those are the Apollo kids. They're all about healing people and trying not to disrespect their father's terrible haikus."

Thunder rumbled, making me jump.

"Sorry, sorry," Percy put his hands up and he motioned to another cabin.

"That's the Hermes cabin. If you ever go there, make sure you never bring anything valuable because people snatch those in a flash," he said.

I nodded and walked over to the side, where he smiled.

"That sea-green cabin is my cabin. The Poseidon cabin. Honestly I have no siblings so I have the whole space to myself."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"That's the Athena cabin," Annabeth pointed, "It's where all the smart kids go."

"Ahem," Percy pouted.

"That's the Hades cabin," Nico pointed to a black cabin, "Only me and Hazel. It's pretty simple actually. We love black."

Piper looked over her shoulder.

"Oh. That's my cabin. The Aphrodite Cabin. It's where all the pretty people are and the people who seriously need to chill out when they look and Percy and Annabeth kissing. They're obsessed but it's too cute!"

"That's the Zeus cabin," Jason pointed, "My dad's actually Jupiter, which is his Roman form, but we stay in Zeus's cabin, which is his Greek form. Just Thalia and I."

"That's the Ares cabin. Wear armor when you try and knock their door," Chris said.

"Yeah, my siblings almost broke some kid's neck for borrowing some spear," Clarisse said sheepishly.

"And that's the cabin for Hera. She has no children, though."

When we were heading back, I felt something in me. Seriously weird. When I looked up, Nico was smiling for the first time.

"Welcome, sis."