Chapter 4 - The Search

-Avenger Tower-

"What are you two mopping about?" Tony and Pepper walked into the living room.

Steve and Bucky are sulking on the couch holding hands. Both soldiers look like they haven't slept in a while, Bucky's long hair is noted sticking out everywhere.

Tony disappeared into the kitchen as his soulmate Pepper took a seat across from the pair.

Putting on her best CEO face Pepper pressed the two for answers "What is going on between you two?"

The pair exchanged a look as Steve squeezed his soulmate's hand "She's gone Pepper."

"Who's gone?" Tony walked back in, handing Pepper a cup of smoothie.

Steve choked up a little squeezing Bucky's hand again "Our missing piece. We found her then she disappeared. She rejected us."

Tony lightly stroked his goatee grabbing his tablet off the coffee table "What's her name? I can have Friday track her and see where she went." Bucky mumbles something he can't hear "What was that again?"

"Layla, the woman at the bar said her name was Layla Jones."

Tony stopped typing looking between the tablet and the two super soldiers "Did you say Layla Jones? As in tall, long dark haired, owner of the Nightingale Layla."

They nodded slowly.

"Well shit." Tony swore tossing the tablet back onto the table. Pepper glares at him, well Steve and Bucky exchange a worried look. "Ha. That son of a bitch. Layla is your missing piece. God help us. Don't worry I know exactly where you can find one Layla Jones."