Inferno of green.

Third-person POV:

All was normal, certain countries going on with their daily afterlives, travelling between buildings and corridors.
Until the once glowing crimson flames from below began to fade into a cool green sea of flickering lights.

They illuminated halls, walls and rooms, so much so that the awesome display of colour was noticed almost immediately, the corridors soon filled with the alarmed murmurs of languages many.

"What in God's name!?" Bellowed a cockney-accented man, screaming at one of the glowing windows in frustration, shielding his eyes from the flickering light, he squinted at the window, tying to get a better look outside.

"Was ist das?" A woman asked, alarmed leaping towards the windowpane.

She clambered onto the glass, pressing a hand up against it. She felt the slow rise of heat erupt under her palm, it only kept rising to the point where it became agonising.
She yelped in pain, retreating away from the burning glass, clutching the burnt skin.

"Well don't touch it!" Screamed another letting their accent lilt with every word.

He ran over to the struggling girl, when he looked down at her palm, a scorch mark was present, creeping up her forearm like vines. Where the burn had touched, the veins in had turned black, every once in awhile breaking out into a painful pulsating spasm.

Amidst the panic, another country loomed in the shadows. Sneaking through the halls with ease as everyone behind him was distracted by the immense light. Although he knew it would happen, and he has been counting the days up until this moment.

He weaved through the halls and ended up in a dining room. He knelt down at a loose floorboard and ripped it up immediately feeling the vacuum of the green void beneath him, he sighed with relief, dangling one foot down the hole and being this close to freedom he let the other come loose.
Now he was sitting on the floor, he began to slide himself in, feeling more of the energy and suction that now surrounded his torso.

But then he was caught.

"Father, what are you doing?"

He country stopped dead in motion, now dangling by his arm which were quickly failing him. His son stammered over to his dad reaching a hand out to aid him. But he pushed it away.

"I've taught you about this." He said coldly, lifting himself back into a sitting position.

"You knew what would happen, when you gave that gem to your group I thought you knew the consequences." He stated, now glaring at his son dead in the eyes.

The other man thought for a bit choosing his words carefully knowing that one verbal slip up could set him off  "but why now? Can't you wait until we wait until we all get sucked down eventually?"

"Who's going to guide them?" He blankly stated to his son

"Afterall, if I wait until we all go, I'll loose my memory of his place. So, I have to go now." He continued.

And without another word, he let himself slip down the crack that he made, letting himself be engulfed in the fire. It was a less burning, more tingling sensation, he liked that.
He let himself fall further into the green inferno, letting him sink into a new place.

He landed face first onto a rough carpeted ground.

---------------------

Hon hon

I told you guys I was working on a chapter. It's very short I know and this is more or less a filler chapter than anything, but it does provide some crucial information about my universe.

Till next time. :')