Chapter twenty five

This is kinda what I imagine the light realm to look like ^^. Anyway, enjoy the new chapter!

Bash

"Sebastian," the word fell from Enyos mouth like honey and poison. Her eyes trailed down his body and made their way back up to his eyes.

He didn't like the look in them.

Enyo had always been devious. Even for a Devara she was the most cunning clever person he knew. She was one of the only people who could outwit him.

Someone that terrified him.

Her dark hair flowed like an empty void down her back and her yellow eyes, like that of a lion meeting its prey, tracked his every movement.

They had never come right out and said it but they both despised each other. Perhaps it was the battle of thrones, maybe it was the fact they were way too similar for both their likings. For Bash, it was the bargain they had struck many years ago. The thing she had made him promise and for that he hated her.

"Hello, Enyo," he kept his voice as steady and firm as he could. Though it was the opposite of his true emotions. Internally he was a mess. He was an absolute mess.

Between his brother almost dying and Avaryn ...

... Avaryn.

Her name hurt to think. It was a reminder of his failure. He had failed her. And now ... Gods, now who knew what was happening to her. What that wretched demon king was doing to her.

And that was precisely why he was here. He was here to fix his wrongs. He and The rest of the royal Devaras had discussed that only he should tell Enyo about the situation. He had agreed, he didn't think they would be able to control themselves around her and Bash had always been good at containing her anger and staying calm.

Enyo sat in the drawing-room before him, not on a throne like the last couple of times he'd seen her. She wore not a gown but a simple blouse and trousers. She looked normal. The most normal he had seen her since they were kids.

Her yellow eyes flicked across his face. Her eyes would seem strange to some but he knew where they truly came from. He knew what she truly was. The same as what Kaida was. It was a secret among their family that had been kept for generations until the massacre a hundred years ago.

Bash's heart squeezed. He could not think of that right now.

Enyo didn't have that familiar look of wickedness or annoyance in her gaze. Though he could see the far away challenge in them. But he supposed that was always there.

He told Enyo everything that had happened, he told her what had become of Avaryn.

Enyo listened tilting her head at certain parts like a cat. And then she smiled. And it was feral. "And what would you like me to do Sebastian?"

Sebastian.

Nobody ever called him that.

"I want you to help," he said. "She is one of our own. We could do anything. Send an army or-"

"No."

"No?"

Anger blurred through him like a flame but he pushed it away like he always did, he buried deep down where it could never resurface.

"I do not have enough reason to send my people into a battle that they may or may not come back from. And you have given me far less logic too," she said her chin tipped up, a way to look down on him even though he was quite literally a foot taller than her.