Thirty-Three || Kick You Into Next Week

|| Kick You Into Next Week

Jacy sat on her floor, watching Spiderman with only half of herself. Despite how good the remake was in her opinion, her thoughts only lingered on the pressing fact that she was no longer human.

Clairvoyants were humans with sight; werewolves were a different story completely.

Jacy winced, a fluttery feminine voice passing her ears ever so slightly. She shook it off, hearing an engine in the distance.

She got up, already in a pair of joggers and a tee. Leaving her room, she walked through the empty house and down to the front door. She hesitated, counting in her head to ten before opening it.

The blue Jeep pulled into the driveway behind Jacy's car. Stiles killed the engine, climbing out with a backpack. He smiled when he saw her in the doorway. "Hey."

Jacy was already grinning. She liked looking at him. "Hey."

"Aren't you cold?" Stiles asked without thinking, her arms and feet bare.

"Is that even a question?" Jacy went up on her toes, pressing her lips to his before letting him inside the house.

"Fair enough." Stiles shut the front door, momentarily forgetting she no longer felt the cold as normal people did. "Did your mom say it was okay for me to stay over?"

"As long as you're on the couch, but it doesn't really matter." Jacy shrugged lightly, "And I ordered Chinese."

Stiles set down his backpack by the stairs, following Jacy to the kitchen. "Awesome. Do you have everything packed for tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I got it done when Lydia left a couple hours ago." She grabbed one of the barstools, take out and chopsticks already on the island. "She knows about Allison but she said she would let me tell Scott when he was ready."

"Is he ever going to be ready?" Stiles asked, sitting next to her at the counter.

"That's up to him." A moment of silence passed, "But on a slightly lighter note, I found out I've competed against Jackson Whittemore. I needed to empty my old swim bag and found a picture of me and a captain from another team. It was him."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, popping open a carton of noodles. "That's actually kind of creepy."

"That's what I said," Jacy replied, taking carved chopsticks as she opened her own noodles.

"Okay, how about an even lighter note?" Stiles reached into his pocket, pulling out a small box and handing it to Jacy.

Jacy lifted an eyebrow at him, taking the box. "What is it?"

"Just open it, Jace." He laughed lightly, opting out and grabbing a fork. He was like Scott - he couldn't use chopsticks to save his life.

Jacy removed the lid, an image of cartoon Michigan with Donald the Duck on it. "Is this-"

"The magnet I broke?" He nodded. "I felt bad about breaking it so I got you a new one."

Jacy smiled at the magnet then to Stiles, "The one you broke was a replacement for my mom because I broke the original when I was drifting. Jordan was teaching me the cup thing I taught you."

Stiles stopped, "You're kidding."

Jacy shook her head, lightly laughing. "No I'm serious." She got off of the barstool, taking the magnet with her. She went up on her toes, placing it towards the top of the fridge. "Perfect."