002

may 4th, 2020
8:18 pm

JOSHUA HATED COUPLES

He had never been exactly a fan of relationships but he had turned into a couple hater in the past year.

Even more so, now that two of his closest friends were currently in relationships.

Don't get Joshua wrong, he was happy for his friends.

Jalen and Sharife seemed extremely happy with their respective significant others but Joshua would be lying if he said that their personalities hadn't changed just a bit.

Jalen had moved states to be with Noelani while Sharife usually couldn't be seen in a room without Kylah.

Joshua was sitting on his bed, his laptop in front of him as him, Sharife and Jalen were on a Group FaceTime to determine what the three could do together before senior year was over.

"So I was thinking we do it big one last time before college and before you start the G-League. Go to Miami or something, I don't know." Joshua suggested.

"I'm still in Hawaii, and I don't know when I'm coming back." Jalen said, "Or if I'm coming back, to be completely honest."

"How long have you been there?" Sharife asked Jalen, his brows furrowed.

"It's been like..." Jalen looked off screen, "How long has it been, baby?"

"Two months!" Noelani chirped offscreen.

"Hey Noel." Joshua said.

Noelani peeked her head in, waved, then backed out of the screen again.

"Miami sounds lit. Can I bring Ky?" Sharife asked, tapping his fingers against his jogger covered knee.

"I was just about to ask if I can bring my girl too." Jalen cracked up, "Shit is gonna be boring without her."

"That's a fact!" Sharife exclaimed.

"I've never been to the east coast. Sounds fun." Noelani commented.

Joshua rolled his eyes, "No. No girlfriends on the trip if we do this. Sorry, Noel."

"It's fine!" She chirped again.

"Eh, I'm not gonna have as much fun without Kylah there though. Maybe I'll pass." Sharife shrugged.

"What?" Joshua exclaimed, "You do know that you can do things without your girlfriend right? Right?"

"All I'm gonna do is look at shit or do shit and think 'Damn, my girlfriend would love that.' Or 'Damn, my girlfriend would love to do that.' I'd rather just bring her." Sharife admitted, "Plus I'm not a good wingman. Maybe bring Dior or somebody."

"Being married makes you look at life differently." Jalen shrugged as the sound of the door opening and closing sounded in his screen.

Joshua fought the urge to roll his eyes at his friend, "Giving someone jewelry doesn't make you married. You're only eighteen, get a fucking grip, please and quickly."

As he spoke, Joshua could see Kylah come into the private office that Sharife was in, causing the boy to spin around in the computer chair to face her.

"It kinda does." Jalen smirked in an annoying way.

"You don't hear Sharife talk about being married and him and Kylah have been together longer!" Joshua pointed out.

In his corner of the screen, Sharife was listening attentively to whatever Kylah was whispering in his ear.

When she finished, Sharife licked his lips, gave her a smirk then coughed when he looked back at the camera, "Yeah, I don't think Miami is a good idea right now. We gotta go."

Joshua stared at the screen in disbelief at what he was hearing then blinked once and then twice, "What?"

"We have to go. We're busy or about to be busy. Bye, Josh, Rife will talk to you later!" Kylah interjected and then they disappeared from the video call.

"Ugh, simp." Joshua muttered.

"Nah, he's just in love." Jalen said in an understanding tone.

"Love is overrated." Joshua said before taking a swig of the water bottle on his nightstand.

"Bro, I used to think the same shit, I promise you, but nah it's not. I can't explain it but it's like a movie kinda. When she's around, colors are brighter, I hear better, little shit like that." Jalen said and a dreamy looking smile floated onto his face.

"Great so, you're a bigger simp than Rife is." Joshua nodded, "Noted. You got a girl and got weird. Noted."

Jalen rolled his eyes at Joshua's words, "Wait until it happens to you. Then you'll see exactly what I mean."

"Nah," Joshua shook his head, "I'd rather get sucked and fuck. I'm too young for that love shit you speak of."

Jalen began to laugh, "Yeah, it's gonna pop out at you and when you call me being a simp I'm gonna laugh my ass off."

Joshua sucked his teeth, "Never gonna happen."

"Yeah," Jalen laughed, "And it's gonna be someone you weren't even expecting. That's gonna be the funniest part."

"Lovebug, do you want some lemonade? Uncle Kai just made some." Noelani's voice floated in the background once again.

"Yeah, baby, give me a second. I should probably go now too." Jalen spoke up.

Noelani had both arms around Jalen's neck now, the promise ring he had gifted, was resting on her right hand, the diamonds sparkling in the Hawaiian afternoon sun.

"Okay." Joshua said simply then Noelani and Jalen were gone too.

"I hate couples." Joshua grumbled, closing the laptop.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!