Chapter One

"Becoming Royalty" Is my spin on what would have happened if Mary Boleyn had become King Henry's wife after His infamous divorce with Queen Katherine of Aragon and if King Henry the 8th never married- or had any intimate relations with Mistress Anne Boleyn. This is a fiction novel!!!! Not at all based on true events. I've tried to get the history before the book right.

The King

    I was five years old when I was shipped off to the French court with Lucinda, or Luci as I would call her. At ten years old I was all a well brought up french woman could ever wish to be. Luci was a year or so younger then me. We'd known one another since we were babies. Our parents were very close friends and more importantly allies. We'd become best friends. Sisters... without the rivalry. My brothers Gabriel, two years my senior, and Miles Gilbert, one year my senior were also brought up at the French court along with Luci and I. We were all very close. Then when I was fourteen, we were called back home. We were to begin to make names for ourselves. We were to learn our place at the English court. Our home.

    That is where my story begins.

Chapter One

Spring 1550-

    Luci and I had a spot among the Princess Elizabeth's Ladies in waiting, an honor, seeing as Luci and I were the youngest Ladies in waiting at that time- the same age as the princess herself. We seen very much of the Dowager Queen Mary. She was always doting on Luci and I. She made me feel as if I was family rather then a servant. She made court feel as at home as Court could.

    The Dowager Queen was very close to her children and even after King Henry the Eighths death, in 1547, she remained at court with her youngest children. This year was the first year King Henry-Braxton was king. His elder brother King Henry the Nineth was his Regent- taking King Braxton's place as King until he felt secure enough to take the throne.

    King Braxton was seventeen this year. His eldest brother- Henry was ywenty-four, and his eldest sister, Catherine was twenty-six, settled down with a good husband and three children(two of which were boys). We didn't see as much of her, or her family as the Dowager Queen Mary would have liked, but she understood her daughter's need to live a life away from court.

    Luci and I were dining with the rest of the Ladies as songs played and people danced and drank merrily. That year everything seemed perfect for us. We were together and well, and nothing could touch us... Have you heard the term all good things must come to an end?

    Well, Luci and I felt the truth of those words.

Summer 1551-

    Luci's parent's died. We were released from Court to see to Luci's home in the country. Luci was an only child, Her parents had left her with nothing. She learned upon arrival that her father had gambled away her dowry. Everything seemed so helpless, and Luci was angry,understandably so. Angry and sad. There was nothing I could do to console her- no matter how hard I tried.

    Thankfully, my brother Miles came up with a plan: A brilliant plan, that our parents adopt her. They agreed with the idea. Everything was legalized by the time we got back to court. Still I could tell that Luci was not happy and her unhappiness weghted heavily on my shoulder's. I couldn't be happy, not without feeling guilt.

    One night-the night before her 14th birthday she told me of how she felt she were a burden to my family. It was that night that she opened up in which our lives began to look up again.

    "Emily, Luci," The princess gushed, excitedly. Luci and I looked up from the shirts we were sewing, "It's so wonderful!" Princess Elizabeth spun around happily send her dress frilling out around her.