2.the actress

PEARL'S POV
CARTER'S TOWNHOUSE
NOHON, MANHATTAN

I quietly clear my throat to keep up my submissive and sweet tone, "Everything's fine, Cilli—"

"Please—" he wearily sighs on the other line of the phone, interrupting me, "Pearl, call me Wolf."

I roll my eyes. Right. Only Kat may call him that now— if she ever comes back, that is—- at least that's what I overheard between Victor and Wolf a few days after we got back to New York. He said that his part of Cillian had been gone for so long, until she came along and now that she's gone, it's dead once again. Bla bla bla. For fuck's sake, he's grown to be stupider.

Talking about that bitch, I wonder where she's been. Tomorrow is her initiation dinner so she should be coming back anytime soon. I'm praying she drops dead any minute, because I'm the one supposed to be there, not her. But, I have to admit that part of me is ecstatic to have her back around, I do need some dangerous fun. I grin to myself, imagining the pain and anger in her face every time she sees me and remembers how I separated those weak sisters back in Italy forever. And she probably knows I don't love Wolf, but being with him would mean more money and power. My parents are rich, but I need much more than that, because I'm no one here, I have no status, connections or protection. I'm aware that Wolf keeps mentioning he's never going back to his gang, but he'll go back. I need him to go back; Gian didn't leave me anything, he left all of his money, properties and Los Dragones to fucking Kat, it was clear in the contract that the winner would keep absolutely everything— and he bet everything on the wrong person. But I forgive Gian... I'll always forgive him... just like I forgave him when he and his friends raped me and almost beat me to death. I know they didn't mean it, they were drunk, and Wolf and I just happened to be there that night.

"At what time will you be picking me up for Tatsu?" I change the subject, referring to his new Japanese steakhouse and lounge opening.

I needed to get the hell out of this house. Drink, drug myself. Mother is driving me insane, breathing down my neck every goddamn second, still thinking I'm that naïve 17 year old girl. Ugh, I really didn't miss them at all. I'm planning on buying a place of my own, but my sweet family is making it extremely hard for me since I've been through so many "traumatizing experiences". Another thing that's driving me insane, Jade, I'm always stuck with her because I have to play the "caring mother" now and I fucking hate it; thank God that brat can't talk because I'd probably be in prison by now.

I smirk to myself.

What the hell am I talking about? Prison? Please, I'd be there by now if it was meant to be. Not even Kat has had the backbone to accuse me of anything. It's true what Gian always said about her, she's weak, a complete disgrace. How the hell could she lead Los Dragones? I thought she'd tell everything to Wolf by now, or fucking someone at least, but she hasn't. She must know he'll always put Jade and I first; because even though he's distant with me right now, I was his first love, a victim in all of this, and I'll always remind him of that. If he sacrificed himself to set us free, that fucking idiot must still feel something for me.