3.green and amber

Katarina's POV
One Vier Building
Midtown Manhattan

I'm going to kill you, you fucking bitch. I won't rest until I wrap my hands around your pretty throat and feel your wind pipes crack underneath my grasp, until I see your green eyes turn a bloodshot red and your miserable life slowly leaving them... You're next, PEA.

"We have to be at Black Creek Forest tomorrow night at 10," Evan informs me, pulling me out of my own, murderous thoughts as he swiftly drives down the road that leads us to Infatuation headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, "The dinner will be held there and every important gang leader will assist. You have to make a good, first impression, Kat, if you want their support."

I know. I've been told a dozen of times.

His gray eyes meet with my shaded ones through the rearview mirror. I can tell he's concerned by the deep crease between his brows, "A great weight will be put on your shoulders, especially when the others learn about your plans as head of Los Dragones—" he shifts his gaze back to the road ahead, "You know you don't have to do this."

"I do have to do this and I will, Evan," I firmly say, "End of discussion. No more innocent people will pay for the ambition of others." I lower my voice, "Nor for my mistakes."

I can sense him about to become more emotional, but instead of trying to convince me once again to go back to PR and try to live a "normal" life, he gives me a curt nod and goes back to focusing on his driving.

Olga looks over her shoulder at me, her warm, blue eyes promising that she's standing right behind my deranged decisions and I. She hasn't said it out loud, but I can tell she can't wait for me to change Los Dragones ways, if that's even possible, and end Pearl. She knows all about her, all her lies, all she did and how she was really the mastermind behind all that has happened since she "disappeared" from the hospital 11 years ago with Gian— a decision she actually made herself. That's why Olga has decided to swear her loyalty to me too along with her silence about Pearl's truth. She knows Wolf is blinded by her act. Do you doubt it? For fuck's sake, he named his yacht after her, drew at least 50 drawings of her fucking face and for more than a decade searched for her. Olga knows that he would never believe Pearl was "in love" with an animal like Gian and never truly with him. And since he's been acting fucking naïve, I've made sure Evan and Olga have kept a close eye on both him and Pearl. They're ready to intervene and protect him at all costs if Pearl decides to make a stupid move while I'm not around— if anyone does. It might be over for good between us, but I'll protect him in any way I can, always.

"Look what Evan got us," she says, breaking the uncomfortable silence and opening the glove compartment in front of her. She pulls out two, black Glocks 26. Mine has a dragon engraved on it. It gives me mixed feelings, I'm not truly proud of who I am, but I have no choice.

I chew on the inside of my cheek as she hands it to me and I secure it on my waistband.

Holy fuck. This is my life now.

"Better safe than sorry," she adds, giving me a wink.

If anyone thought I had gone away to heal, they're in for a fucking surprise. I only have three things in my mind: Kill Pearl. Find Saraya's sister, Shasul, who was given away to the Albanians because of me and lead Los Dragones. That means that after my initiation dinner tomorrow night as gang leader, I'll try to close as many human trafficking routes in the East, South and West of New York. Yes, me, a fucking fashion designer.