Prologue

Lia woke up that morning happy as the morning sun beamed through her window, she turned to face her husband on the other side of the bed but was met with an empty space. this had been going on for a week now Mason wasn't home when she went to bed and he wasn't there when she woke up either.......to be honest it was starting to worry her they had always been inseparable that was until Mason kept on yelling at her because she refused to put her career on hold to have a baby as she didn't believe that she no they were ready to be parents,he suddenly wanted kids after we attended our friends Riley and Ryan's wedding and they announced that they were having a baby every time when this happened she always remembered the day the frenzy started........

"Lia I just don't get you anymore, when we got married you said we would have a family but now all you care about is your job and nothing else" Mason yelled into her face 

"You dont seriously expect me to have a baby becauseour friends are are having one besides I know you cant handle being  a dad that is why I wont put my job on the line for something that i know we both aren't ready for"

"Fine! but forget about seeing me as the same Mason that you married as long  as you don't give me what I want......I don't think I can even stand your face!"

"Well boohoo Mason I wont do, the timing isnt right."

She was deep in thought when a sound from the front door caught her attention, she immediately rushed down and was met by her estranged husband, he hadn't noticed that she was standing there so she took this opportunity to actually look at what he had become; his once well kept hair was now a mess, his beard looked like an overgrown shrub and his ring was.....where is his ring? she thought to herself when it hit her he probably stopped wearing it after they had that fight.....she didnt think it was this bad , so she gathered the courage to finally talk to him about what happened all those weeks ago but when she looked up he was already staring at her his green transfixed on her. 

"Lia we need to talk!" the first thing she noticed when he spoke was that his voice changed too....it sounded harsher "yeah we do, maybe if you stayed home for once we could talk like normal people". She replied in a numb tone that caught him off guard. With a look of defeat in his eyes he lowered his gaze and said "Okay Lia I guess you're right, lets talk in the dining room" and he continued his walk to the dining room "Well at least we are getting somewhere with this whole marriage thing" she practically yelled as she followed him to the room that would most definitely turn into a therapy session.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" she asked him as she was already trying to pry any information out of him, "I honestly just wanna know why you think we aren't ready to be parents" here we go again she silently thought to herself "Okay you are a career based man there is no way you can handle a kid and run a company at the same time and same goes for me I have to run my Father's company and I cant do that with a crying baby always around me, so we just have to wait it out is that so hard ro understand." 

"Lia I'm trying to understand you but you aren't making any Sen-" he was getting mad and ready to yell at her until she cried her eyes out when the door bell interrupted their discussion "I'll get it" she said as an excuse to get out of the toxic situation she was faced with......

"Hello how may i help you?" Lia said as she scanned the face in front of her looking for any sign of recognition but got non "Hi my name is Alice Francisco is this where Mason Giovanni lives?" The woman  seemed to be very nervous " Yes why do you ask?"......"Is he home? I really need to talk to him" as if on cue Mason casually came out the front door "Lia why are you taking so long?"

"Mason!" both women said at the same time and Mason widened his eyes as he recognised the feminine voice that wasnt his wife......he didnt notice his wife's curious gaze on his as she noticed the exact moment his body tensed up and his face broke into a panicked expression

"Alice what are you doing here?"He seemed nonchalant"I really need to talk you" Alice said her expression matching Mason's "Lia please leave us alone for a few minutes" he said looking anywhere else but at Lia "No let her stay, she needs to know whats going on" Alice challenged

"What do I need to know?" Lia asked with a confused look plastered on her face
Alice hesitated, looking at Mason then smirking at Lia she finally spoke

"I'm Pregnant and He is the father of my child"