2

Harmoni entered the busy cafe and instantly smiled at the sight of the people's laughter and her workers making the customer happy. Happy environment, happy customers.

"Hey Moni, you look pretty this morning." One of her workers Chantel complimented.

"Thank you, im loving the hair color." Harmoni complimented back.

"Oh so you saying she don't look pretty every morning?" Travis asked. Travis was one of the cooks and he loved started stuff, he meant no harm.

"Travis, don't start." Chantel warned. "Plus we don't get the pleasure of seeing her every morning."

Which was true. Leon's Cafe was passed down to her thanks to her grandfather. He made it to where all his grandkids had something of their own to where they would never go broke as long as they played their cards right. So after he passed the cafe was put into Harmoni's hands making her the new owner.

She wasn't there as often as she wanted to be, but she made sure to keep her employees straight and checked in on everything from time to time because it was in fact her business to take care of. Lucky for her she had the pleasure of making Chantel a manager. So everything was ran by Chantel first and Chantel ran it by Harmoni.

"True." Harmoni commented. "Yall need help with anything?" Harmoni asked as went to wash her hands and out on a apron to help Travis cook seeing that he was the only one. "Wheres Tony?" She asked.

"Late, as always." Travis muttered.

"How late?" Harmoni asked furrowing her eyebrows at Chantel.

"45 minutes." Travis ratted and Chantel hit him.

"He's on his way, he had car troubles this morning." Chantel explained.

"More like every morning." Whitney commented as she passed by with empty plates. "Hey boo, you doing okay?" She spoke to Harmoni with a sympathetic smile.

"Im fine, i see you flipping them tables." Harmoni said impressed.

"Can't make money if im steady tending to the same people for over an hour." Whitney shrugged. "They said their food was amazing Travis."

"Yeah i know, im the best cook we got." Travis shrugged cockily. Causing Harmoni to clear her throat.

"Actually im the best cook, but sure go awf." Harmoni laughing as she playfully rolled her eyes. Which was true Harmony was the cook of the family which was one of the reasons why her grandfather left her the cafe specifically.

"You don't count, you got Leon's blood running through yo' veins and can't nobody cook better than that motherfucka." Travis shrugged honestly.

"Language." Harmoni warned.

Harmoni was glad she came into work today, she was down thinking about Drew but her employees were her second family and she was glad they could take her mind off things. "Who's all on the floor?"

"Whitney, Me, Lily, and Rue." Chantel spoke.

"Well im going to help Travis until Tony gets here. Has anyone complained about the wait?" Harmoni asked.

"No, Travis make big pots every time so we hardly run outta' anything." Chantel spoke.

"My man." Harmoni spoke as she gave Travis a high five. She looked to check to make sure the burners were still on to make sure the food didn't get cold.

"We got smothered chicken, gravy steaks, smothered pork chops, and fried chicken, fried fish whats our sides for today?" Harmoni asked.

"Greens, candied yams, red beans, white beans, cabbage, potato salad, green salad, and mashed potatoes." Travis answered.