6

"Motherrr!" Harmoni sung as she entered her mother's backyard. Her parents had threw a small get together for the family being that they saw how distant the family was getting. Harmoni was busying herself with work, Drews parents were just avoiding everyone, Jamal was busying himself with traveling, and Mel was just Mel.

"Yes?" Mary sung out to her daughter.

"How ya' doing?" Harmoni asked her mother as she gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Im good, how are you?" Mary smiled.

"Im doing honey. You fine as wine boo." Harmoni complimented with a huge smile.

"You too boo." Mary smiled back at her daughter. "How's the cafe?" Her mother asked causing Harmoni to slightly glance over at her dad.

"It's good, bringing it munyun like papa did." Harmoni shrugged letting the words fly out her mouth with ease.

"Hey sissy!"" Mel spoke as she entered the backyard.

"Hi." Harmoni smiled as she glanced over at the man that accompanied her sister. "Hi, im Harmoni." Harmoni introduced as she stuck her hand out to the man.

"Karter." He spoke with a smile as he shook her hand. "You must be the lovely Ms. Mary." Karter spoke as he looked down at Ms. Mary who was sitting in her chair under the patio. Looking up Mary smiled at the young man in front of her. He was a nice looking young man and he had a bold voice that complimented his charming words.

"That would be me, and can i have a name to go with that handsome face of yours?" Ms. Mary said as she stood to her feet to properly greet the man.

"Aight now Mary." Henry called out.

"Oh daddy please." Mel waved off with a laugh. "Ma, this is Karter the man i've been telling yall about." Mel introduced as she wiggled her eyebrows making her sister chuckle at her silliness.

"It's lovely meeting you Karter, cmon and give me a hug." Ms. Mary said opening her arms out and Karter gladly towered over her to give her a hug.

"What you do Karter?" Henry asked as he continued to spray down the crawfish with the hose pipe, getting ready to boil the second batch.

"Im actually in business with my father, he owns the plant over on scenic. Aside from that i coach an all girls basketball team." He informed.

"Oouu that sounds fun are yall any good?" Harmoni asked with a huge smile now intrigued with the man her sister brung home to meet the family.

"We're getting there." He assured.

"Plant, well we knew Mel wasn't going to bring home a buster. You making you some good money son. Im Henry by the way, welcome to the family." Henry said giving him a head nod as Harmoni gave her sister a thumbs up.

Mel nudged Karter with a smile on her face causing him look over at her. "I told you they were welcoming."

"Glad to be apart of the family." He smiled down at her giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Cmon lets see whats already ready to eat, im starving." Mel said as she practically dragged Karter away from her parents.

"You next Harmoni?" Mary asked.

"Maybe soon, not now though mama." Harmoni deadpanned as her smile disappeared.

The evening went well, everybody danced, and laughed, and all in all were enjoying themselves. The kids ran away the backyard while the adults sat around and talked, got drunk, and danced.

"Bow bow, they grabbing on my shirt grabbing on shirt!" Mel rapped as she started to jig in the backyard as her cousins started to join her.

"Bow bow bow!" Harmoni hyped, Harmoni loved in Baton Rouge all her life and didn't know how to jig and it was quite embarrassing. Thats all they did yet all she knew how to do was shake her ass, something else they did alot in the city.