3

"They were saying to do a fundraiser but im not sure." Harmoni sighed as she sat on the phone with her dad as she walked around the premises of the cafe. It had been three days since she found out about her scandalous employees and three days since Tony, Travis, Whitney, and herself had been trying to figure out ways to come up with money.

They agreed they were going to need way more than one fundraiser to make that happen. 15k was alot of money.

"What's yall thinking of doing?" Henry asked his daughter as he was in his auto-shop working on a car.

"So Travis said a carwash in the lot across from the cafe, Tony said sell treats that everybody loves outside the cafe, and Whitney said she liked the carwash idea but we need females in swimsuits." Harmoni sighed.

"Do all three." Her dad said as he rolled himself from underneath he car. "Do all three everyday up until people stop paying. Hopefully by the time your 22 days is up you're at least close to the amount and ill try to fund whatever it is you don't have."

"That is way too much to ask." Harmoni said poking out her bottom lip.

"It's a great investment, you're grandfather worked too hard for that cafe. Plus you'll never hear the end of it from your mama if you let the city take her dad's cafe away."

"I haven't even told her about my dilemma." Harmoni said as she ran her fingers through her hair. "She'll definitely be disappointed. Plus she's still going though alot she did just lose her first nephew a couple months ago."

"Just wait to tell her, hopefully you won't have to. You don't want her grieving two things at once." Henry said as he wiped his hands off on the dirty towel before taking a sip of water. "Don't be so hard on yourself Harmoni. You didn't know and that isn't your fault. Someone you trusted took advantage of you during a tough time. Pray about it don't stress it. God is able Harmoni, and each time you doubt him you'll just be making it harder on yourself. Let him lead you Harmoni. Even if your fundraiser dont make as much money don't get discouraged. Pray about it." Her dad preached.

It was a long pause as Harmoni let her dad's words sink in. "Yeah i know, thanks dad. God must knew i needed you to call me." She joked earning a laugh from him.

"Of course he did, but look i gotta' go. I'll call and check on you later." Her dad said as he watched his employee signal for him. "I love you, have a good day." And before she could even respond her had hung up which was something he always did. It wasn't intentional but when he had to get off the phone he got off. He knew his daughter loved him.

Harmoni looked down at her phone and began walking toward the cafe again as she texted her dad that she loved him too.

"Damn, my fault."

Harmoni phone was now on the ground from the interaction she had just encountered. In the midst of texting her dad someone had bumped into her causing her phone to drop, she'd just hope it didn't crack.

"You're fine, i should have been paying attention." Harmoni said nicely as she picked her phone up before looking to see who she had bumped into. "Oh hey, Dylani right?"

Dylani looked at the woman with squinted eyes. He didnt recall ever meeting her so for her to know his name made the alarms in his head go off. She noticed his questionable look and decided to speak up.

"The owner of Leon's." She said gesturing toward the sign. "Your food was cold three days ago."

"Right." He said remembering her now but he definitely didn't remember her name. He wasn't good with faces nor putting names with them. "Your phone aight?" He asked looking down at it. She flipped it from front to back before looking back up at him.