Part One- The Beginning of the End

Includes:

CHAPTER ONE

My dog smells machines

CHAPTER TWO

My kitchen gets bombed

CHAPTER THREE

Gloria reveals the "Answer" to all of our problems

CHAPTER FOUR

I see my father for the last time

Above is a picture of what I call: A Phantom nV8r in its true form

                                                                                        CHAPTER ONE

                                                                                    My dog smells machines

Hello. My name is Julian Reed. I live in Boston. My life is terrible. Even on my sixteenth birthday.

If you really want to continue reading this book, you will be astonished at how incredibly harsh my life is. Unless you are, of course, the type of person who lives in a hovel with either rotten or no food and polluted water. Just kidding. Follow me to the year 2041, in a small neighborhood on the outskirts of Boston. Right on the part where my dog saved my life. His name is Bud.

You ready?

Okay. Let me introduce you to my family. My father, Benjamin Reed, is a large, heavily built man, with brown shoulder length hair and a short cropped, stubbly beard. He is one of the top ranked men in the neighborhood, serving as a high commander of the guard. We are the last humans on Earth. My father says that. Naturally. He is a soldier. He loves taking all the credit.

My mother, Katherine Reed, on the other hand, believes that we might be the last humans on Earth. Blond hair, blue eyes. The typical Hitler's "Perfect Race". She is a doctor. Pretty much the only doctor. Because of her job and my father's popularity, we have the best house. So they say. It's not the type of house you would think it is.

At least I live in a real house. Most of our rebel alliance lives in sheds. Some are in the city, but they are the families of the city guards and scouts. They live in attics, where it is the only warm place in the city. Only the suburban powerhouse works. The city was bombed. Out here, we have unlimited air conditioning and heating. No charge. THERE IS NOBODY TO PAY.

Back to my house. It is one story, with a kitchen and two bedrooms. We plumb our own toilets. THERE IS NO ONE ELSE WHO CAN DO IT.

You can say, my life is boring. It is, and it's not.

I live in a small neighborhood, with thirty other people, with food and houses and jobs. That's pretty normal.

I live in the ruins of Earth, with the last community of living things on Earth, with almost no supplies and constant alert to being nuked by machines. That's not normal.

Luckily, we saved some animals from the Boston Zoo. It had survived much of the attack, and we had enough time to get some animals out, along with their food and water.

Compared to the animals that had lived before 2015, we have literally nothing. But compared to the animals in January 2016, we have a significant amount.