chapter 70

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa got off the bus and went straight to her grandma's. She would be surprising her because she was not expecting her. She didn't tell her grandma she was coming.

Her grandma, Amelia, would be at her garden behind her little house at this time. She would be watering her tomatoes and her flowers.

Elsa first went to the supermarket. You cannot visit your grandma empty handed.

That is a natural rule. Always shower your grandma with gifts or shopping when you go see her.

She bought some groceries for her. Boxes full of milk, she bought flour, sugar, rice, cooking oil... She bought enough food stuff for her.

She needed her Grandma right now. She needed her guidance, her advice, her comfort. She was the only therapist she needed because there is no greater psychologist than the one who graduates from the hard school of life.

And the one who has lived long on this earth, has more experience and therefore, good advice on life.

Her life had taken a one hundred and eighty degree turn. She was so confused with everything and her sickness was threatening to get worse.

But it seems like she had no choice but to live her life for the little time she had left.

Grandma's house was a small corner of paradise. It was a place filled with nothing but joy and love. It was place she and Gwen always felt happy and at peace.

She then got into a cab and drove to her place. The cab driver helped her with her groceries to the entrance house before leaving.

Elsa knocked on the door a few times but no one answered.

She knew where her grandma put her spare key so used it to open the door. She then took all the groceries in before going to search for her grandma.

And just like she suspected, she was in her garden watering her flowers while humming to a song from her youth.

"Grandma!" Elsa called out sweetly.

Amelia turned around and the moment she saw her granddaughter, a wide smile appeared on her face.

"My little girl! There is my little girl." She said warmly as her arms opened wide inviting Elsa for a warm embrace.

They hugged each other up tightly.

"I've missed my grandbaby so much." Amelia said as she held Elsa in her arms.

She then led her inside leaving everything she was doing.

"I've bought you some groceries grandma. I didn't know what you need so I got you everything."

Amelia looked the shopping in her kitchen and then to her granddaughter with grateful eyes. "You do know how to take care of this old lady, don't you?" Elsa smiled back at her as she nodded.

Her eyes travelled around the room seeing if anything in the living room had changed, from the decorations.

That when her eyes landed on the picture on the table.

It was a picture of four people. Elsa, Gwen, Jenna and Amelia.

It was a Christmas time and they were in santa hats smiling at the camera. Elsa and Gwen were children at that time, at most 10 years old.