Charlie

Charlie

Charlie was one of my closest childhood friends and despite not seeing each other in years, being 500 miles away, he still is a very good friend and we stay in contact. I met Charlie in third grade in 2001 the day before classes were supposed to begin. At Sul Ross Elementary, the students and their parents come to the school to meet the teacher and learn where our classroom were located. It was during this visit that my mother and I walked into the room and we chose my desk as being one that was at the front of the class in order to see and hear the teacher best. While my mother began talking to Mrs.Masique Charlie and his rents had walked in and while my mother and Mrs.Masique were talking Charlie's rents chose his seat as being next to mine. This is where I first met Charlie and it happened where I was standing quietly beside my mother, while he went over to the pillow section and beanbag chair and began diving onto them. Seeing this behavior my mother asked "do you want to sit somewhere else?" to which I declined, setting into motion a friendship that would sn as of now over 20 years.

Now to go into Charlie's character. Charlie was and to this day an extremely considerate friend to where you would think that he was your brother, not just another kid. He talked respectfully to everyone and was always able to joke around, albeit in an immature way. The only downfall to Charlie was his drug use early in life.

Charlie began smoking weed in his early teens with Jeff while the rest of my group didn't smoke until 18. This had an effect in that Charlie kind of never grew up st that level of maturity and suffered the repercussions in his years in public school, mostly after high school though. Aside from the lack of maturity for his age, Charlie had severe anxiety amplified by using Spice in his early twenties. I was his only cannabis dealer and had to leave for the summer in 2014 for BenningtonArkansas to stay with my grandparents because I had no-where else to go, so Charlie had no other choice other than headshop synthetic. There was also the factor that after Spice, the cannabis we were buying from Jordan, Charlie's new dealer, had to be synthetic because all it did was cause panic while still being addictive, nothing like normal weed. I don't know if he still smokes today, but lucky for us, the normal weed supply was established before I left in 2018, so we had plenty of smoke sessions while playing videogames. It was a good time.

Now in our 30's I believe some of Charlie's anxiety is gone, but when we hung out on the daily I would have to go with him to various places to ease his anxiety. Almost everywhere he needed to go for basic purchases he needed me, and I was there every single time I could be because he was such a good person and friend.