Carleton

Carleton

When I was elementary school at Sul Ross in the 4th grade I was introduced to Carleton. Carleton was much smaller than average, but fairly intelligent. We went to the same school but never were placed in the same class, so we didn't really meet and become friends until 6th grade at Roosevelt. In 6th grade, your elementary school recess is replaced by a half hour gym class and having it in 4th period meant everyone in that class ate lunch together. This is where Carleton and I got to know each other

Jumping forward to 8th grade athletics. I was still lifting weights 3 times a week on top of offseason conditioning so I was literally the most muscular white guy in the entire school. This reason, and this reason alone is why Carleton was never beaten up by the African American kids that hated us. We did nothing to warrant such hate and they bullied the white kids because I suppose they thought I and the rest were kids were rich and never went through poverty and violence at home. Their solution was to throw things at us in the gym, hit us in class, use racist slurs like "Honky" and "Cracker" when in the hall. If you ever tried to stop it, they would all gang up about 7 or 8 of them and try to fight you 8 against 1. When I went to the teachers explaining the threats and their behavior and the teachers did literally nothing. They watched everything go down and the kids that bullied us literally never suffered reprocussions. It was racism at it's worst and unfortunately was and is a double standard. So it was my duty to keep my friends and primarily Careton safe from the other students who really hated him.

By the time Carleton got to high school he was one of the richest kids at the school having two cars to choose from, one being a 350z.