Epilogue

He watched her from behind the rock. She was busy scribbling down something in a book. She looked to be deep in thought. Years of watching her from the shadows and still this girl was a mystery to him. As her bodygaurd he had kept her safe many times without her realising it. He knew his job was to ensure the safety his client or in this case client's ward with no questions asked. He had been the perfect follower of the rule until a few years back. Her fierce spirit and kind heart drew him like a moth to a flame. She challenged him in every step of the way. Somewhere over the years duty had morphed into something more, something he didn't want to acknowledge. Something she would never know.

She was sitting near a stream with her hair dancing in the wind. He hated staying in the shadows like a stalker. So this time he decided to step out into the light. It's not like she is going to suspect him after all.

"Hey sweetheart! Fancy seeing you here!" The next moment before he could blink an eye he was flat on his back with both his hands pinned to ground and a pen knife at his neck.

To say say Abhijith was surprised would be an understatement. Arohi looked like an avenging angel with her fierce eyes and flying hair straddling him on the ground. How did she learn to do that and why is he finding out about it only now. Who exactly is this girl? Several questions flew through his head while he tried to ignore the feel of her body pressed against his. Not the right time, especially when there is sharp object centimeters away from your carotid.

He masked his suprise as fast he could and brought the impertinent smirk he knew she hated. "Oh! I didn't know you were into the spicy stuff Arohi" This remark seemed to clear her mind and realise exactly who she had under her. The moment she realised it she was off him within seconds.
" You! What the hell do u think you are doing here? Are you stalking me? "
"Whoa! You wish sweetheart! Actually this is my usual place where I meet my... Special friends." He said giving her an insolent wink. "I know you are jealous but it's ok sweetheart I'll try to fit you into my schedule as well. What say?"

Arohi stood there gaping like a fish at the sheer audacity of the asshole. " You.. You despicable insolent man whore. I really donot want to spend another second of my life speaking to the likes of you" She almost shoved him out of the way in her hurry to get out of there.
"Alright. Play hard to get all you want, honey. We all know how you secretly yearn for my affections" he said

"Goddammit! I really should
have killed him when I had the chance!" Arohi mumbled to herself. What she didn't notice in her haste was her journal that lay forgotten in the ground .

Abhijith's smirk slowly turned into a soft smile as he watched her walking away. When he turned around he saw her book lying on the ground. He picked it up. It seemed a few years old, the edges appeared slightly frayed. It looked like some kind of a dairy. He opened the first page

Arohi, I'm Arohi. It feels strange to say it out loud, but that doesn't matter because I'm no longer a prisoner in my own diamond cell. I'm free. Finally.

So it is a diary alright. How like her to writes in riddles. He slowly put it his pocket. This might finally be his key to understand his mystery girl. He was too curious about her to leave it be. He squished a tiny bit of guilt he felt thinking it was just a diary what difference would it make anyway.

What difference does a tiny diary make indeed!

....

A/N : And.. Its a wrap. So I might write a spin off on Arohi and Abhijith. Do let me know if you want to read more about them and the story around Ankit and Mukthi.
Thank you so much for your support through out the story. It really means a lot to me.
This time Adieu for real!

...