chapter 10

As the count off starts I make a list in my head:

-Run to the cornucopia 

-Grab knives

-kill as many tributes as possible

-get to Cato

Sounds possible. 

10, I'm ready!

9, Am I?

8, no

7, there's no time for this!

6,5,4,3, 2, 1 run!!

I take the biggest sprint of my life and grab my knives. Only once I have them I give myself time to look around. No one's here yet, i'm the first! Then I hear Cato 'Clove, behind you!' His voice is filled with anxiety and I can tell that whoever is behind me will kill me. I turn around quickly and kill the small boy before spotting someone running after our 'girl on fire'. I kill him and aim directly at Katniss hitting her and turning around. But wait? I turn around again, I hit her backpack?!! 

This girl is getting on my nerves. After a while there's nobody left at the cornucopia but the careers: Glimmer, Marvel, Cato and I. Small pack this year, district 4 was all sad little 1/10 careers. 11 actually does have good contestants and i'm not talking about the little 12 year old. She might not have died now but she'll be gone by morning. The boy is promising but didn't want to join us and to my frustration he's not killed. He's the only one here i'm even slightly scared of.

Still frustrated by missing Katniss I begin gathering some stuff. All previous years careers have had the cornucopia and rely on it for the rest of the games. I'm not willing to make that mistake and pack a backpack with important stuff and food and I stash it underneath a tree. It'll only keep me and maybe if i'm careful one other person for 3 days but it's still something. After I leave the backpack I pack another lightly and propose to go kill of some tributes. 

That's when the anthem goes of, 11 dead in the bloodbath. I killed 2, Cato says he killed 3, Marvel 2 and Glimmer 1. Not bad but certainly not that good. Glimmer especially, who put her on our team? She's pathetic with bow and arrow and the only thing she does is flirt with Cato. No, i'm not jealous!! She's just annoying. It's not me but her.

We look for a while but don't find anything untill....