chapter 16

The next morning I wake up and am immediately ready, ready to kill the left over children and head back home. Sunrise is almost there and considering the feast will be at sunrise I wake up Cato and we get on moving. When we arrive I nervously say goodbye to Cato and get ready to pounce as soon as the table rises. Cato leaves and I wait in anticipation. Then the table rises.

Just as I start running I see an orange flash.  It's 5! We completely forgot about her! She hid in the cornucopia to run out and grab her bag, smart because who followed her would risk their own bag. Why didn't we think about that? Luckily district 2 still has 2 member and one of them, Cato,  is probably casing the unknowing girl. I wait a moment processing what happened and then I run up to the huge bag with a 2 on it. What could it be?

Then I see her running, right before I reach the end of the tree line. Everdeen! She runs up to the cornucopia and grabs the bag with the 12 on it. It's small and I guess it contains medicine for lover boy. I mean, only that could fit right? She turns around and as soon as she starts running I spring into action. Lucky for me she turns around the exact corner where I stand. We are only a few yards apart as I throw my knife. Sadly it approaches her on the right and she has enough time to deflect it with her bow. I'll get her! I'm going to make true to my promise and kill the girl on fire. torture her.

Katniss looks surprised and pulls her arrow back to shoot. I dodge the arrow aimed at my heart and it hits my arm. I waist no time throwing my knife at her and it grazes her forehead giving me time. I run up to her and soon she has no time left to shoot me. I jump at her and struggle getting her to the ground. As I notice the gash on her face I smirk, not so strong now huh Everdeen? When I have safely secured Katniss to the ground, my feet pinning her shoulders down,  I start getting really excited. Now the torture begins.

"Where's your boyfriend, 12? Still hanging on?" I start my torture with words. We all know he won't make it another day without Katniss or his medicine. She then surprises me with snarling back "He's out there now. Hunting Cato," ha lie. Then she annoyingly continues with a scream "Peeta", she shouts lover boys name. I jam my fist into her throat stopping her from continuing.  Wow, does she really think he's doing anything more than sleeping? I think as I tilt my mind, immediately hope crosses Everdeens face as if i'm considering keeping her alive!

"Liar," I call her out for what she is. "He's nearly dead. Cato knows where he cut him. You've probably got him strapped up in some tree while trying to keep his hart going. Whats in the pretty little backpack? That medicine for lover boy? Too bad he'll never get it."  After my amazingly done speech I open my jacket. I carefully watch my knives selecting my sharpest and best one to finish the life of 12. A look of terror crosses her face as she realizes what i'm doing. Then she looks at the knife and I can almost, almost, see tears forming in her eyes.

"I promised Cato if he let me have you i'd give the audience a good show" I whisper referring to my lo- wait what, referring to my district partner sitting in the tree line watching. Katniss starts to struggle and I press down harder, "Forget it 12. We're going to kill you. Just like we did to your pathetic little ally..." I think, my devil self taking control. " What was her name? Rue? Well, first Rue, then you and I think we'll just let nature take care of lover boy. How does that sound?" I start getting impatient and it gets the best of me as I decide to just start, "Now, where to start?" I announce to Katniss and all of Panem that the show is officially starting. 

I start with wiping the blood off of her face, not caring if it hurt. I mean, she's going to feel much more pain. I questionably watch her face deciding what I should do first. Then I decide, "I think...." I take a pause building up the suspense.  "I think we'll start with your mouth" I grin thinking of Katniss never being able to kiss again, not that she could have after dying.  "Yes, I don't think you'll have much use for your lips anymore. Want to blow lover boy one last kiss?" Then Katniss spits in my face making me furious, now this death will be even more painful 12.

"All right then. Let's get started" I push my blade into Katniss her lips, but right as the blood appears I get pushed off. Peeta? No, he is dying. Surely she doesn't have any other allies. And the game makers wouldn't stop my fun, right? They want a show. Then it hits me, the one person I was afraid of. 

Thresh is holding me up from the ground, then he flips me around and throws me to the ground. Surely Cato is coming, I shouldn't worry. Right? Then he starts shouting "What'd you do to that little girl? You kill her?" Shit, shouldn't have mentioned Rue. "No! No, it wasn't me!" I shout after being too shocked to move. He's going to kill me. "You said her name. I heard you. You kill her? You cut her up like you were going to cut up this girl here?"  "No! NO, I-" I desperately trie to tell him that it wasn't me. Then I see the rock he's holding. Thresh is holding a rock the size of a loaf of bread and I can't do anything to stop him. 

"Cato!" I start shouting his name as I lose it. I don't want to die. I repeat and repeat waiting for an answer. Please Cato. Then I hear it, Cato's voice shouting back my name. Will he make it? Please, let him make it!!! He's far, but he's nearing.

Ok, I'm back. Updating Rubiam by tomorrow and maybe even starting my new Mileven book. Thanks so much for replying ideas to me! I'll work on them and hopefully I can wrap all 3 books up by the end of the year. I'll start new ones though.