chapter 18

Clove's dead. She's actually dead. He killed her!!

These three things went through my head while I ran after Thresh. I raced through the woods following the direction he went in. Why did I have to go after 5? She wasn't worth it. I promised i'd keep her safe. I promised i'd keep Clove safe. OK, focus Cato. My mind was racing. Then I saw him.

Thresh had built a hut like place and had stacked a lot of food inside. His bag was laying in the middle and he was searching through it. He had a knife next to him on the ground and his hands were bloody. This was the man that killed my partner, this is how he survived. It was kind of impressing for an underdog, but that didn't matter now. 

Right as I was sure Thresh wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings I punched. I ran behind him and threw him to the ground. He was strong, but I was angry and sad and I had the advantage. The fight was long and hard and Thresh wounded me. In the end I won though. I had my sword up to his throat ready to make the killing cut. 

I had decided not to torture Thresh, I couldn't handle that. I had to get this over with. So I sliced his throat open awaiting the canon that would signal his death. The canon came and I took off once again, this time taking some stuff in a huge bag with an eleven with me.

Next on the list: 5

You would think I would kill Katniss first, but I want to see her suffer. Katniss does not deserve to live, but  neither does 5. She was the main reason I was so far away and with that she also killed Clove. 

I arrived back at the cornucopia only to find Clove's body gone. Our stuff were still there, so it must have been the gamemakers. I said my final goodbyes and took everything with me. Our food, armor, 11's bag, some food and... Where was 12's medicine?!? Did Katniss take it? No, she would have taken more. What does it even matter. 

After putting the stuff in a safe place I ran in 5's direction. She had run into a part of the arena I hadn't seen much. Katniss took off in the same direction though, so it had to be a nice place. After walking for hours I got tired and had to rest. It had already gotten dark and I decided it was best to sleep. Sleep didn't come fast though. The image of Clove dead on the ground still flooded my thoughts. Why hadn't the medicine worked?