chapter 17

this chapter will be in Cato's POV

Not long  after Clove and I get into our positions the table in the cornucopia rises.  I haven't seen anyone and glance across the field to where Clove is standing. As I watch her she gets ready to run and I can see a focused look on her face. Then she relaxes and her expression turns annoyed. What could have happened? Then I see a red flash as 5 runs out off the cornucopia and grabs her bag. As soon as my thoughts have lined up again I take off. I don't think of anything else then the tributes between Clove and I actually winning this, 5 being one of them. 

I catch up to her and pounce. I see the distraught look on her face and for just a second think of sparing her. Then I remind myself of Clove and where we are and draw my sword to her neck. Sadly right as I am about to slice open her throat I hear her voice. Clove shouts my name. Oh no, Clove!! I drop my sword and take off running once again. Then I hear her voice again. She sounds desperate and in panic. She sounds like she's about to die.

Then I shout back earning my name back once again. This time she sounded, hopeful? I break through the clearing and the scene shocks me. Katniss is on the ground with a wound on her face and Clove is..... She is being held up by none other than Thresh. The one person we were afraid of.  I shout her name once again and her eyes find mine before I notice something. Thresh is holding a humongous rock against Clove's throat. Then the panic finds me.

I start running again, even faster this time. Now Thresh finally notice me and panic fills his gaze as well. But it's soon replaced with satisfaction as he hits Clove with the rock. I watch as her eyes close to shook to do anything. Then Thresh hits her again before dropping her and taking off. I come back to life and run to Clove. I hold her hand as the tears find my eyes. I don't cry. I don't cry!! But there is no denying as I feel the hot and salty liquid fall down my cheeks. Clove squeezes my hand telling me she has a chance. It only makes me cry more. I can't help her! 

Then the idea finds my head, I grab our pack. Sadly I only find armor, like that will do any good?!? She's has already been hit. My anger takes over and I start throwing things around, only to calm down as my eyes reach Clove's. They are closing. Then my eyes land on something next to my loves body. 12's pack. Katniss left it in the hurry.  I open it to find medicine, and a note. I grab the note and read, this is made by our finest doctors, it'll heal anything. 

Then I feel hope. I grab the medicine giving it to Clove instantly. Then I hear it... The thing that ruins my life even more. The canon.