Adrift [@CrystalAndFelicity]

Adrift A Young Adult Thriller / Romanceby CrystalAndFelicity

Adrift
A Young Adult Thriller / Romance
by CrystalAndFelicity

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I'm completely unworthy of every second you've dedicated to me, for I would selfishly steal them all if it were possible."

I smile as I whisper against his skin, "you wouldn't have to steal them; I'd give them all to you."

Apart, Crystal and Felicity are both brilliant storytellers, but when you combine both their skills and imaginings, they are an unstoppable force. Delivering emotional punches and nail-biting suspense, they never fail to awe and inspire; especially with their collaboration, Adrift.

After she is found on the banks of the Clinch River following a mysterious accident, Delaney Alvarez has no memories or recollections of the last seven years of her life. Robbed of so much, and struggling daily to resurface the memories of her past, Delaney finds herself caught in an equally haunting battle as she grapples with the promises of the future that was anonymously delivered to her.

Nestled inside the backpack she'd been found with is a letter. A letter that discloses the names of two boys, and one chilling promise. One boy would be her soulmate, and one her destruction.

I don't even know where to begin in describing the incredible and timeless package that 'Adrift' is. The combination of ancient legend and the mystery of something brewing deeper was thrilling, and at times, even chilling. Every chapter was cleverly concluded and the greyed lines between the "good" and "bad" characters — as your stereotypes would define them — led you down the same mental spiral that Delaney navigated in an attempt to determine who would be the deliverer of her destruction. If I could count the number of times I changed teams as I read! (Sorry Felicity for all my messages as I went—you're just too good!)

Crystal and Felicity are setting new standards and exceeding the expected with their craftsmanship, delivering stories that are hard-hitting and that break from the mould set by those before them. The characters are expertly developed and a brilliant representation, not only of their individual situations but also of the diversity and reality of humanity. The execution of their plot and the building suspense up until those final moments saw me wading into the depths alongside Delaney, Parker, and Silas, and I would give anything to experience this as a first-time read all over again. But since I can't, I can only hope that others will give it the chance and allow themselves to experience this culmination of talent firsthand. Even if it means sacrificing a few hours of sleep ;)

Some books are worth losing sleep over. Adrift is one of those books. Make sure you read it today!

★★★★★