Sailing West [@ajArnault]

Sailing West
A Contemporary Romance
by ajArnault

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"West was a tornado. A Nor'easter. A natural disaster. Spencer was the moon and the ocean tide and the breeze. One beautiful and consuming. The other steady and true."

Arrest my heart and set a course for Newport, Rhode Island, stat! 😍

Sometimes, you go into a story and the preconceived expectations set by other readers and the material you've been exposed to still aren't enough to dampen the pleasant surprise at what has been crafted. That's exactly what AJ has achieved with Sailing West; a pleasant surprise wrapped snuggly within the heart of a beautiful love story.

Together, Stella and West were lyrical and beautiful, the chemistry that sparked between them during those theatre scenes a song all its own. And then you have Stella and Spencer, fire and spice, all-consuming and enduring despite the hardships they'd weathered. While I may not be a fan of love triangles, there was something about AJ's execution that I couldn't fault. On every count, the facets of love exhibited were natural and raw, and the relationships organic and true. There was a reality woven within, and an understanding the author brought to these characters that are admirable and something for which AJ is to be commended. I loved the depth built into everything Stella and her friends experienced, and the healing and growth exhibited were worthy of all my smiles and tears.

While I can't say too much about the storyline itself (because of spoilers) I can assure you the emotion and the love captured are beautiful and pure, and regardless of which team you find yourself on, you're sure to walk away with your very own well of emotion courtesy of these stories told.

For a story about living in the midst of fear and tribulation and a tale of love that endures hardships, I cannot recommend Sailing West enough. If you haven't read it yet, add it to your TBR right now because summer is calling, and she's going to be a stunner!

★★★★★