Chapter Twenty Two

The next morning Kai woke up bright and early at 7 am. He hurriedly took a shower, freshened up and got dressed in a simple white hoodie and black sweats.

He went downstairs and shoved a huge cookie for breakfast down his throat before getting his dad's keys and leaving the house.

There was still no response from Nicolas and now Kai definitely knew that something was wrong. He just hoped it's nothing too bad. He clenched the steering wheel, his nerves growing as he reached closer and closer to Nicolas's house.

When he arrived and he searched for the spare key that Nic always leaves for him under the plant sitting on his porch he realized it was gone.

When he rang the doorbell, he hoped that Luciana left for her business trip as planned because he did not want to see her.

But when the door opened it wasn't Luciana who answered.

It wasn't Nicolas either.

Instead it was their maid, Eleanor.

"Miss Eleanor?" Kai tilted his head in confusion as he stared at the middle aged woman who stared at him with wide eyes.

"Kai? W-what are you doing here?" She asked in shock and he furrowed his brows.

"I'm here to see Nicolas. Is he sleeping?" Kai asked and the lady's face dropped.

She covered her mouth with her palm and stared at Kai with a look filled with..pity.

Kai's gut clenched and an uncomfortable feeling started brewing in his tummy.

"M-miss Eleanor? Where is Nicolas?" He asked shakily.

"Kai...he's gone." She answered.

"Gone? Where? Where is he?!" Kai demanded, his voice raising.

"Miss Martinez and Nicolas have left for New York yesterday. D-did you not know?" She asked and Kai's eyes widened in shock.

"New York? Why? When are they coming back?" He asked hurriedly clutching the door as his legs started to feel weaker.

"They're..not." She said grimly and he shot his eyes at her.

"W-what?"

"They took all their stuff. Luciana said she has plans for Nicolas there. She- she said his future would be better there."

Them getting together would be the best thing to happen to us in the business world.

I'm doing this for his own good. Him and Angelica is what should be.

No.

Kai pushed past Eleanor and rushed to Nicolas's room. When he opened the door the room was empty. There was nothing left. The bed was ridden of sheets, all of his books were gone from his bookshelf and the pictures that sat there were also gone.

Everything was gone.

He opened the closet and all his clothes were gone. All except one sweater. When Kai grabbed it with shaky hands he realized it was the elf sweater he had bought Nicolas.

"N-no." Kai whispered his eyes filling with tears as his body fell on the bed as he clutched the sweater.

He was gone.

Gone without a single word. He left him.

Luciana forced him. Kai told himself. She forced him to leave him.